ACC Tourney Thread

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I start this thread in a serious manner. The conversation must continue to the bitter end, if for any reason, respecting our players, who have busted their asses every step of the way this season.

With that, BG's pre-tourney presser.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
image.jpg

I don't know if I have it in me

slugboy

Staff member
It's a good time to have a "Fuggedaboutit, why not us?" attitude. Have some fun, play your heart out, and mess everything up. If you can be "due" for some close wins, we're "due".

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
We may win 1 game. But I highly doubt it without MGH. I don't see where the points will come from without him doing what he does. He's the heart and soul of this team. Without him we have no threats.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Is there any scenario where we don't play UNC at this point? Seems like they'll get at either the 4 or 5 seed no matter what. (Assuming we win some games which won't happen).

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
The only way I see us winning a game is tadric just explodes for like 20 pts and oNE of 2 bigs has a good game has 15 pts and 10 boards. We squeak by with defense and just enough poit's 54-52

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
For the stat junkies, KenPom has us at 55.2% chance of winning rd 1. Nosedives after that.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
It will be the first game of the season I will miss. Principal owner of the property I am running will be on site for a walk around to check progress.

I honestly dont know which I would rather do.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Can't stand BC.. Let's win if for no other reason.

Would be nice to give these guys (and BG) something positive to go out on.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
The structure of the ACC tournament is ridiculous these days. This two round BYE stuff virtually makes it impossible to win if you're in the bottom half of the league. You'd have to win 6 games in 6 days. I don't see that ever happening. I guess one could argue that it makes the regular season all that much more important, but I wish they did just one round of BYEs and then went to a regular structure.