ACC Tournament

How many games will GT win in the ACC Tourney?

• Total voters

Squints

Helluva Engineer
We are just snakebit at this point. Given up 8 hits and 6 of them have been perfectly placed ground balls. Not much you can do about that.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Double. Bunt single. Pitts is in. Wild pitch (should actually be an error on Bailey, though). Single (moves to 2nd on throw). Score is now 7-0.

This is hard to watch. RBI double. 8-0.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Thank God Pitts is graduating. I don't want to see him on a pitching mound ever again for this team.

If anyone tells you that Tommy John surgery is no big deal just point at him. He's never recovered.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Just incredible how most of UVA's singles are in the gaps just out of reach or where it is unplayable. Down 0-8 in the B4.

This game might end sooner than we think. The '10-run lead after 7 innings' rule.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I'm gonna throw Devin Stanton on that list. Good riddance. It's amazing how much he's regressed since last year. He has to be pitching with some kind of injury.

Don't get why you'd trot out your two worst pitchers in an elimination game. Not surprising its gotten out of hand.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Game over. Season over. Mercifully, imho. Something has gone wrong with this year's edition of Yellow Jacket baseball...and this team has been painful to root for down the stretch...I feel bad for the guys and especially for the seniors like Murray, who really put all he had into it (I believe all the players did, and never gave up either).

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, I saw we lost based on mercy emasculation.

In the hopes of saying something positive, let me point out that King and Ryan have not helped their draft chances at all in the last few weeks.

But also let me say that I think everyone of our players has my respect for coming to GT and doing what I believe is their best. They fought back a lot this year with substandard pitching. I saw the excitement in the dog piles when they pulled games out. (More in other posts.)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
With the talent in the state of Georgia, we should be in the Super Regionals every year.

I have disagreed in the past, but just based on anecdotes. Super Regionals are top 16 every year. I think that we need to recruit more outside the state .......

I think there is a way to show through the draft of players that there isn't the talent in Georgia that that is not the case. For the 2014 draft, the state of Georgia seems to have had representation about what you'd expect based on population density. The "problem" for GT is that the vast majority of players go straight to the minors or to other colleges. Not UGAg, but other colleges ...... I'll do the data and put it in the MLB draft thread.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
With the talent in the state of Georgia, we should be in the Super Regionals every year.

You do have a lot of talent in the state of Georgia. With that comes a lot of competition getting those ball players. You have MLB, then the minors and other colleges outside the state like @GTNavyNuke posted. I looked at the 2015 early signings for GT, UGa, Georgia Southern and Georgia St.

Southern had only (1) outta state recruit, the rest were from the state of Georgia. GT, UGa, Georgia St. all hailed from the state of Georgia. I didn't include Junior Colleges or Small Colleges that recruit local player's from the state either.

I hope other's @Squints @MWBATL @SwarmArmy @awbuzz or anybody else will chime in for their views. They may provide more insight on this than I can.