ACC Tournament Thread

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I kinda think once Bayhime is gone, that whole 'Syracuse being a bigtime basketball school thing' will be a done deal.

IOW, I look for da Cuse to fade off into the Bolivian soon (shout out to Mike Tyson).

Now, of course, @CuseJacket will somehow ban me. Just don't make it a perma-ban, CuseJ.
I'm actually interested in these opinions, so no ban unless you're proven correct. I think in theory the one thing 'Cuse will always have is fan support. Hopefully it's less NC State fan support where we get kooky and more like an Indiana situation where you can see a path back to prominence, if we slip.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Do you think or know if they will keep the 2- 3 going?
Hop has told recruits it will be a major part but they'll no longer be exclusive 2-3.

I personally think it's going to be a mistake. Kind of chicken/egg argument like GT 3O in football. In theory recruits have turned down Syracuse because the defense does not get them NBA ready/game is too slow/blah blah blah. But I think 'Cuse has benefited more than the costs.

Despite Dave Odom's brainless diatribes suggesting 'Cuse can play man well right now, 'Cuse hasn't played man more than a handful of minutes in almost 15 years. Boeheim said recently that his decision to commit to 2-3 exclusively is what propelled the program forward. Jimmy's not always right though, so we'll see.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Hop has told recruits it will be a major part but they'll no longer be exclusive 2-3.

I personally think it's going to be a mistake. Kind of chicken/egg argument like GT 3O in football. In theory recruits have turned down Syracuse because the defense does not get them NBA ready/game is too slow/blah blah blah. But I think 'Cuse has benefited more than the costs.

Despite Dave Odom's brainless diatribes suggesting 'Cuse can play man well right now, 'Cuse hasn't played man more than a handful of minutes in almost 15 years. Boeheim said recently that his decision to commit to 2-3 exclusively is what propelled the program forward. Jimmy's not always right though, so we'll see.

Dave Odom.
One of his loved ones needs to step up there, for all our sake.