ACC Tournament - MBB Edition

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I thought I might be the only one who had a memory of having the TV roll in with rabbit ears to watch the tourney.
Good times. (y)
It was the world series when I was in high school back in Tennessee. We didn't know about the ACC there.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Last edited:

GTNC72

Georgia Tech Fan
Who is the MVP? Burns? Barnes? Diarra (sp?)? McConnell for this 3 last night? The UVA dude who committed the F1 last night?

My pick is Burns. Without him on the inside, NCSU would have been gone several nights ago.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer

And by the way, the TV wasn't there so we elementary school kids wouldn't miss the games...it was so the TEACHERS wouldn't miss them!
Neat article - I grew up in Greenville, SC and have since moved to Raleigh. Backwards but I get the places he talked about. My experience in Greenville was primarily in elementary school and memories of Roache, Rebock and Riker beating up on folks with some blond headed guy playing along with them. Clemson wasn't much at the time so Carolina was the one representing the state. Same set up as the picture but we didn't have a VCR. Good times for the guys - girls were along for the ride.

After a few interim stops moved to Raleigh and I sent 4 kids to West Millbrook. None of them ever told me they watched the tourney but I didn't even think to ask. I coached both rec league and AAU basketball in the gym there. Nasty gym - dark with a floor you had to wash with wet towels before you could play hard on it. Too much general traffic on the floor every day. Great memories though and I had a couple of good teams that came out of there.

Wake County just tore down the old West Millbrook and rebuilt it. I haven't been in the new facility but I expect that rabbit ears are not required :cool:

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Burns very entertaining - DT playing basketball, handles the ball well. When UNC tried doubling him, he made them pay with a great pass.
But him forcing his defender back by literally pushing him is flat out wrong. That should be a foul on Burns. Flopping in that scenario should be OK.