ACC Tournament - MBB Edition

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t even want to touch a prediction with this team. I’d say we have a 50/50 shot to win the whole thing or get blown out by ND. Might as well make a crazy year even crazier! It’s been a rollercoaster for sure, but the bright spots are enough to see we have a good future ahead of us

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
A 2-game advantage? No way. Nothing you can say will dissuade me of that opinion.

I agree the top team earns a bye if there are uneven teams, but 2 playing 15 is a big enough advantage. Win the regular season and earn a bye. Monday/Tuesday to get to 8. Thursday to get to 4. Friday to get to 2, and the Championship on Saturday. Done and fair to ALL the teams (including the top teams that earned games against the weaker teams).

This format is about getting as many teams into the NCAA tourney as possible ($$$$), not having a conference tournament to name a champion. I've been a big proponent that the P5 conferences get both the regular season and the tournament champion automatic bids.
Now that they are excluding teams I'd have the top 12 only. They aren't asking me though.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
What's the bet?
Virtual Beer 🍻 UVA is the team that overall hurts the ACC as often their metrics are not as good as their record because they win a lot of close games, they are normally very comfortable in such games, but also lose a couple of games badly. This year several games. Of course they never lose badly to GT!

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
Wonder if line movement is a product of Miles nagging back injury? Could really use Duwouna size, and 5 fouls, IF we were to pack clothes for more than one day.
Good guys 71-67.
Why not us?!

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
He's not going to the NBA without another (better) season. He has 1 year left of eligibility, which he will hopefully use but he could transfer.
I don't know why you bring up the "he could transfer" unless you have some inside info that he is considering it. Otherwise that statement applies to every player in college basketball so why say it.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I don't know why you bring up the "he could transfer" unless you have some inside info that he is considering it. Otherwise that statement applies to every player in college basketball so why say it.
Good question. Transfer statement retracted. Sorry.