Acc predictions

gtalltheway

Jolly Good Fellow
i think its time for a way to early prediction for the upcoming season, what teams will be a bust, or a surprise, any acc teams pushing for a national championship?
I'm voting GT vs Fsu for acc championship game unless Clemson can have guys step up big on the defense!

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I'm thinking Clemson will be 9-11 wins like everyone else is predicting and probably the best ACC contender for the CFP.

I think the SEC will be won by the East this year.
I think the Big 12 will get a CFP participant this year and the Big 10/ACC will miss out.

gtalltheway

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm thinking Clemson will be 9-11 wins like everyone else is predicting and probably the best ACC contender for the CFP.

I think the SEC will be won by the East this year.
I think the Big 12 will get a CFP participant this year and the Big 10/ACC will miss out.
Well no ones going to like your comment after saying no acc, have faith in the swarm!

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
The big unknown is "how good is a healthy Deshaun Watson"?
Is he as good as Clemson fans think he is ? If so, they will be the team to beat, and we will have to do it twice to win the ACC.

I think the key to the season is in South Bend on September 19. Win that one, and look out, brothers and sisters. Lose it and, though the season is far from over, it won't be exactly what we are dreaming of. Lose it by a very slim margin, and we still probably won't go all the way, but we'll stay in contention. Lose it big, and who knows?

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I think GT in the coastal, with a Clemson/FSU fight in the Atlantic (probably will depend on who wins their game, not sure when in season it falls but early will benefit FSU more...Clem's D is going to have some growing pains and Dalvin is a beast at RB). I see our biggest hurdle on our side being Pitt...they bring back some excellent skill guys and they should be fired up after we ruined their homecoming last year. Biggest disappointment I see is Miami. They will realize the value Duke Johnson brought when Kaaya regresses this year.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
I think the key to the season is in South Bend on September 19. Win that one, and look out, brothers and sisters. Lose it and, though the season is far from over, it won't be exactly what we are dreaming of. Lose it by a very slim margin, and we still probably won't go all the way, but we'll stay in contention. Lose it big, and who knows?
The final whistle in S Bend will give our first real insight as to the team we have. Eligibility of JHD is big. How good our BB will be is also big. I think at WR we will be fine as we should be every where else. Of course injuries always play a big part in failure or success. We have a better foundation for moving forward than anytime in the CPJ era. Long time to wait for Sept 19.

Go Jackets!! THWG

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think CPJ is on target as far as the coastal is concerned. The division will be decided between Tech and VT. Miami will be a factor but also isn't likely to win it IMO. FSU probably, I'd put money down, wins the Atlantic. Clemson will struggle a bit imo. They lose too much on D and don't have enough horsepower on O to overcome it. They won't be awful, they recruit too well for that (and Dabo is a better coach than I thought initially) but I'd be very surprised to see them in a big Bowl when all is said and done.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I really like GT this year in the Coastal, and I'm going with FSU in the Atlantic, maybe a surprise from Louie...

Clemson has talent but I think the D will have a hard time at the begginning of this year, and Watson will get hurt by the end.

Duke will win 9 games, but will fall at the end of the year. I think Miami will have a better year than people think, but they will still lose too many games.

GT is my pick to win the ACC

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
I think GT in the coastal, with a Clemson/FSU fight in the Atlantic (probably will depend on who wins their game, not sure when in season it falls but early will benefit FSU more...Clem's D is going to have some growing pains and Dalvin is a beast at RB). I see our biggest hurdle on our side being Pitt...they bring back some excellent skill guys and they should be fired up after we ruined their homecoming last year. Biggest disappointment I see is Miami. They will realize the value Duke Johnson brought when Kaaya regresses this year.
We have 6 straight Saturdays after ND before time off. Will be a tough stretch especially facing Clemson, Pitt and FSU 3 straight weeks in October bracketed by UNC on the 3rd and Va. on Halloween.

I hope we are able to score enough in our first two games to give playing time to new guys for development.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I think NCST will be better this year. Not contention better but play most of the Atlantic teams really close and win 1 or 2 big ones

gtalltheway

Jolly Good Fellow
Now this might bother some people but I'm hoping ugag goes undefeated till they play us and they win the sec, that way when we beat them in the regular season and we go undefeated we can see them again and beat them in the national championship, beat ugag 3 times in 2 years would be great, and although seems like a long shot I can see a possibility in it actually happening!