ACC Network Updates

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Thanks. ..., seems like they raise prices almost every year

DirecTV signed the deal with ESPN in March. Their price increase happened in April. ACCN wasn't all of the price increase, but I highly suspect that it was included in that increase.

GRGT96

Georgia Tech Fan
Are there any alumni association watch parties in the north metro? Are there any bars known to be showing the game in Peachtree Corners, Johns Creek, Sugar Hill, Suwanee, etc.?

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
I am pretty sure that all of the cable/sat companies are not happy about being pushed around by ESPN for the last 20 or more years. If they see a chance to fight back, I believe they will.(Especially Dish) At some point they will decide that they have had enough. Hopefully for the ACC, this isn't that time.
Microsoft learned the hard way that those rules just simply aren't true. Which is why its platform agnostic nowadays. If they didnt want to be bullied, they'd launch their own service, like Disney, Hulu, CBS, etc. ESPN is simply the established provider and if they don't want to offer it someone else will. Its a game of dominos and the first to fall will do it.

neb llarmus

Jolly Good Fellow
Deathwish for which party? If several large providers don't sign up, I could see them losing sports customers. However, they could run ads saying that they are keeping prices down by not loading up on sports stations and potentially stealing customers from DirecTV especially. ("Hey look DirecTV raised your rates this year so they could sign up to give sports fans a new station. We are trying to keep prices low") If only Dish doesn't get the channel, it might not work as well. However, if half all subscribers don't get it, ESPN will be hurting more than the cable/sat companies.
Well, Comcast will lose me after 20 years and I have told them so. Google is in my area, will provide the ACCN and is cheaper. Clock is ticking.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, Comcast will lose me after 20 years and I have told them so. Google is in my area, will provide the ACCN and is cheaper. Clock is ticking.

What are you waiting for?? Forget the TV, I went from paying $62 per month for 25 Mbps internet speed with Comcast to $70 per month for gigspeed with Fiber. Yes, that's 8 dollars more per month for a 40X increase in speed. When you factor in Comcast's crappy customer service it's a no brainier, trust me you won't regret it!

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Dish quit HBO and now FOX Sports Southeast. I’m so close to quitting Dish.

I switched from Dish to YouTubeTV about two years ago and I haven’t miss it at all. Saved a bunch of money and had lots of sports available. I’m anxious about not getting ACCN though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
ESPN values $$$ above all....even liberal social issues. There appears to be a belief from cable companies that there aren’t enough eyeballs to warrant paying ESPN/Disney for the return they expect.

I’m hopeful that ESPN will launch a politics-focused channel (ESPN-P) because I’m really interested in what ex-jocks think about the current political landscape.

TechTyler_17

Georgia Tech Fan
I switched from Dish to YouTubeTV about two years ago and I haven’t miss it at all. Saved a bunch of money and had lots of sports available. I’m anxious about not getting ACCN though.

I'm with you. I love YTTV but damn this would suck. I grew up in KY so never miss a UK game either and I would have been screwed if YTTV didn't carry SEC network.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Any with experience on Hulu TV? Thinking about just signing up for that for a month or so while negotiations are going on with Comcast should they not have a deal in place by 8/22. However, my Conservative side says to completely dump them if they're not meeting my needs.