ACC Network Updates

Your opinion - how would ESPN accomplish that hammer drop?

Can they raise fees to comcast? Cut programming options?

Thx.
They can threaten to pull the ESPN networks or charge more for the cable companies to receive them if they don't carry all the ESPN owned networks, which would include the ACC Networks. The cable companies wouldn't dare have them pulled, because their subscribers would dump them in a flash. And increased charges would be passed on to the subscribers, and the cable companies don't want that either. Face it, ESPN runs the show, so they can do whatever they want to do, and both the cable companies and the subscribers are forced to tolerate it.

NorthAvenueNation

Jolly Good Fellow
I just cut cable (Spectrum) because they jacked rates up again in my area.

Question: which should I do: Hulu TV or YouTubeTV?

I have a 1st generation Amazon Fire TV to run it through.

Go Jackets!

All you guys talking about Hulu or Youtube, I currently (although at considerable cost) get about 300 channels through WOW. Granted I have zero interest in about 250 of them, but I haven't seen the remaining 50 all listed with any of the streaming services.....several of them, yes, but definitely nowhere near all of them. Am I missing something somewhere?

NorthAvenueNation

Jolly Good Fellow
All you guys talking about Hulu or Youtube, I currently (although at considerable cost) get about 300 channels through WOW. Granted I have zero interest in about 250 of them, but I haven't seen the remaining 50 all listed with any of the streaming services.....several of them, yes, but definitely nowhere near all of them. Am I missing something somewhere?
I’ve never heard of it - about to look it up. It covers ACCN?

GT Chillin' It

Jolly Good Fellow
I just cut cable (Spectrum) because they jacked rates up again in my area.

Question: which should I do: Hulu TV or YouTubeTV?

I have a 1st generation Amazon Fire TV to run it through.

Go Jackets!
We cut cable 2 years ago and picked up PlayStation Vue. There’s four different packages you can choose from. We currently have the “Core” package and have very little complaints. It has HGTV for the wife and all the sports and AMC for me. Check it out.

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
Can't speak for Hulu but I am a huge advocate of YouTube TV. Sports package they have is unrivaled and the user platform is pretty good. I highly highly recommend YT TV

MidtownJacket

Staff member

CNET maintains this google sheet comparison of streaming providers.

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/new...w-vs-hulu-and-more-live-tv-channels-compared/

My wife and I are thinking about making the switch as well and it has been helpful in our discussions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CNET maintains this google sheet comparison of streaming providers.

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/new...w-vs-hulu-and-more-live-tv-channels-compared/

My wife and I are thinking about making the switch as well and it has been helpful in our discussions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. It appears that Hulu Live and Youtube offer most of what I currently have. Glad to see they all offer the major networks as well. Now another question: If I dump my cable provider, I will have to turn in my two DVRs. What is available for recording shows using any of these services? I am obviously not always able to view something at the time of broadcast, so I record it for later viewing. Can I do that with Hulu or Youtube? Will I need to purchase a separate recording device? I also have two HD TVs. How does that work?

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks. It appears that Hulu Live and Youtube offer most of what I currently have. Glad to see they all offer the major networks as well. Now another question: If I dump my cable provider, I will have to turn in my two DVRs. What is available for recording shows using any of these services? I am obviously not always able to view something at the time of broadcast, so I record it for later viewing. Can I do that with Hulu or Youtube? Will I need to purchase a separate recording device? I also have two HD TVs. How does that work?

YouTube TV has a full dvr. You just hit record and it adds it to the saved programming. No devices all on YouTube TV's platform. You will need a Roku or a smart TV to run YT TV though

NorthAvenueNation

Jolly Good Fellow

YouTube TV and Hulu have Cloud storage for DVR. Since YT TV added amazon fire and fire stick back to its devices for use, I think I’m going with them. Good news with all of them, do a 7 day trial and pick the one you like best.