ACC Network 8/29 GT vs. Clemson

Well, it is not like we have not been routed by Clemson before, is it? I sure don't want to hire a coach with a system for one game. I don't think the fan base will accept a continued spread option by a Johnson acolyte. Too bad, but what it produced at the end was mediocre results. As for the QB, please, Virginia, let there be a Santa Claus.
In spite of all the claims to the contrary, Johnson did NOT run a spread option. In fact, many wished he would go to a true spread option, thinking it would open up the passing game more, which it probably would have with a QB who could throw. And it the option didn't produce mediocre results, when we had the number one rushing team in the country. The mediocre results came from not being able to pass consistently when we needed to, and a poor (but improving IMO) defense, plus the early-in-the-season ST play.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
They have, that's why I mentioned finding a better QB. Either way we'll get killed. Sucks the new coach has to lose his first game. That's a tough start.
Well, okay then. Let's just call the clowns up and forfeit right now. Or make it a scrimmage. As long as they promise not to hurt our poor boys. Most everybody is aware of Clemson's strength, and there will be little dropoff next season. And we have a new coach and maybe a new offense. And probably, most probably, an entirely new coaching staff. (It is a hard bed coaches make.) But when that ball is teed up the score is zip. Let's play to see what the final will be. Whoever the coach, whatever the system, whoever the QB, my money is on them competing. If the players don't quit what right does a fan have to quit?

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Here ya go: New Tech coach publicly, politely, firmly proclaims a shift from the CPJ offense. The public sees nothing but whatever the new offense is, at the spring game and whatever scrimmages and practices are open to the public.

Clemson, with its new starting defensive line, no longer prepares for the Johnson offense since CPJ is gone, and there's no CPJ "disciple" on the Tech offensive staff.

On game day, Tech's first possession, Tech lines up in whatever its new base formation is, perhaps the QB in pistol or shotgun.

And then Tech shifts into the base double slot of the past 11 years. QB under center. Clemson calls time out.

I chuckle.
That would be awesome beyond words!

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Started 2017 0-1 after the Kickoff game with Tennessee. Will start 2019 0-1 after the game with Clemson. New coach, new systems. Hope 2019 isn’t a repeat (or worse) of 2017...

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Started 2017 0-1 after the Kickoff game with Tennessee. Will start 2019 0-1 after the game with Clemson. New coach, new systems. Hope 2019 isn’t a repeat (or worse) of 2017...
I think 2019 could be a rebuilding season where they win 4-5 games

@Clemson L
USF W
The Citadel W
@Temple L
@Duke W
NCSU L
North Carolina W
Pitt L
Virginia Tech W
@Miami L
@Virginia L
UGAG L

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Kinda wonder why the talk in Kelley Bryant got quiet. It was getting pretty hot to AU or Arky last week and then nothing...hmm..

Oh well thank god we were able to move the ball! That surely meant we would have won if not for injuries and rain. You know... the same things that impact all teams.
Didn't say we would have won. I just said that we were actually moving the ball until ... At any rate, though rain impacts all teams, it sure seemed to impact us more last year than it ever has before. It looked like they were afraid of the rain.