ACC Kickoff

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
On if the team will have any budgeting education with cost-of-attendance stipends to be given to players to cover personal expenses: “Just have Yellow Jacket night at the Cheetah or something.”:LOL:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Really have to like this one -
" ...mentioned that Thomas told him Tuesday morning at breakfast that incoming freshman wide receivers Brad Stewart and Christian Philpott had been impressive in seven-on-seven passing workouts."

Everyone knows about Philpott...dude is going to be special, but I'm not surprised by Stewart at all. 3 sport athlete, and CPJ made a special trip to Savannah to convince him to wait until the staff could open up a spot for him? I'm pretty sure CPJ knew what he was doing, and had a pretty good reason to go out of his way to personally convince the Stewart family the wait would be worth it.

Everyone knows about Philpott...dude is going to be special, but I'm not surprised by Stewart at all. 3 sport athlete, and CPJ made a special trip to Savannah to convince him to wait until the staff could open up a spot for him? I'm pretty sure CPJ knew what he was doing, and had a pretty good reason to go out of his way to personally convince the Stewart family the wait would be worth it.
Brad Stewart is better than Corey Dennis right now ! Stewart isn't going to blow you away with his speed but he will block his butt of and be a RELIABLE third down option because of his hands!

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Thanks, I was trying to find the origin of "carry a football like a loaf of bread" but had no luck. It's a weird metaphor because nobody in their right mind carries bread like that.

Depends on the type of break I guess. When I pick up a fresh out of the oven loaf of Cuban bread at the local bakery, I hold it like that. Damn....now I'm hungry.