ACC Discussion

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So Nwora back to L'ville -they should be a top 3 team at worst next season.
Diakite back to UVA - helps them next year to not fall quite as far.

Lecque's decision not a surprise - NCST was at the limit without him.
Blackshear is going to be one of the most popular grad transfer's ever.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Wonder if Blackshear would like to play a stretch 4 and not have to worry about rim defender? Got a slot for him if he does :)

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
For all of you who - like me - think Ole Roy is a bit stubborn about calling time outs :rolleyes:, you can now bid on a package to sit on the bench during a UNC game next year and potentially have the ability to call one time out at your discretion. While I doubt this is open for the Duke game at the Dean Dome, it is pretty funny that Roy can laugh at himself for a good cause - this is an auction for cancer research.

I got a chuckle out of it

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/article231155788.html?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Oof. Ky Bowman and the Lecque kid go undrafted in a down draft. Yikes.

Naz Reid and Brian Bowen also notable undrafteds.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Oof. Ky Bowman and the Lecque kid go undrafted in a down draft. Yikes.

Naz Reid and Brian Bowen also notable undrafteds.

Lecque immediately signed a 4yr deal with 2yrs guaranteed.

Bowen got a two way contract.

Naz Reid signed immediately also.

All of these guys are getting a shot and money, while having more control over where they wanted to go.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Lecque immediately signed a 4yr deal with 2yrs guaranteed.

Bowen got a two way contract.

Naz Reid signed immediately also.

All of these guys are getting a shot and money, while having more control over where they wanted to go.

I didn't say they were soon to be homeless but let's not pretend like this was the outcome they envisioned. And let's also not pretend like this is better than getting drafted.

ETA: Anybody remember JaKeenan Gant? Signed an UDFA deal with Pacers.

Last edited:

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I didn't say they were soon to be homeless but let's not pretend like this was the outcome they envisioned. And let's also not pretend like this is better than getting drafted.

ETA: Anybody remember JaKeenan Gant? Signed an UDFA deal with Pacers.

And let's not pretend you weren't trying to kick up the dust on the "should've stayed in school" narrative.

Can they live?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
And let's not pretend you weren't trying to kick up the dust on the "should've stayed in school" narrative.

Can they live?

Wha??

You got me mixed up with somebody else. I'm not on the 'stay in school' wagon.

You sniffed out an agenda but it was just the wrong one. Mine had more of a 'haha, suckas' vibe to it. :oops:

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I know this isn't directly ACC related but UConn is expected to join the Big East for basketball.
They are hoping to stay in the American for FB, but the word is the American has no plans to allow them to stay as a football only program.
For football they may have to become an independent or see if a smaller conference is willing to take them.