ACC Discussion 2022

slugboy

Staff member
Is it basketball season? Cause that looks like a basketball score

1875E572-72C1-4DA5-BA7B-269CB09C677C.jpeg

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
App St going for two seemed like a terrible decision at the time, but they had a good play for it. Bad execution. They were lucky the UNC returner made a bone head play and scored the kickoff return.

albanyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Tarholes- better offense but turrible defense. APP State talent in the stands
NC State- not as good as last year, not yet anyway. ECU also good talent
BC- Jerkovic disappointing. Not impressed at all.
VT-ha ha ha ha
Dook- impressive start. Good coaching! No one was there to see it.
Wake-solid as always.

We could be as good as any of them!

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
This has got to be a future AFLAC trivia question: What team scored 40 points in a single quarter and lost the game???

This one has two answers because i am pretty sure a Mike Leach Wazzu team did the same thing losign 77-73 but maybe that was only allowing 35 so would actually make a good one.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
As a poster above mentioned i'd like to have 2-3 games to really see the strengths and weaknesses play out more and see the trends. That said, over 2 games UNC's offense has been incredibly good, with a FR QB that looks like a future superstar, and a defense that has been dogsh*t. Gave up 6 straight TD drives in the 4th quarter, to go with the 3 straight to open the game.

When the UNC player was running for that TD on the onside all I could think was fall down, don't give App St the ball back.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I say this half jokingly because it’s the first game, but There is caveat I think we are forgetting. That’s still a big 12 defense they played against. So those numbers sound a little more average
And, I might add, this was the Backyard Brawl, Pitt and WVU's equivalent to Tech - UGAG. No love lost in that game and both teams always play as well as they can. We'll know more about Pitt in another couple of weeks. As we will about ourselves, of course.

Update: I also watched UVA today and I think people are overlooking them. Armstrong is the only QB in the conference who could match up with Hartman. He could beat Tech pretty much all by himself if we aren't careful.

Last edited:

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
As others said picture will clarify after a few games. A few observations:

• Pitt made enough plays to win, offense looks good. HC hangs hat on defense so I look for them to improve on that side of ball. Adventure in rivalry 1st game but they got it done.
  • NCSU escapes with win after ECU outgains them and misses FG to win. Overrated or will this be wake up call?
  • FSU plays second game tonight before we play our 1st. Beating LSU would be a statement.
  • VT beat itself plain and simple. Fluke loss, will they get it cleaned up, or do they suck?
  • UNC survived shootout. Unless their D adjusts they'll continue to have to ourscore folks.
  • Duke-impressive start, looked good on O and D.
  • UVA did what they were supposed to, score didn't indicate ease of victory.
  • BC 29 yards rushing on 29 attempts. Rutgers ran for over 200. Close game statistically but if over reliant on pass it's hard to win.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
As others said picture will clarify after a few games. A few observations:

• Pitt made enough plays to win, offense looks good. HC hangs hat on defense so I look for them to improve on that side of ball. Adventure in rivalry 1st game but they got it done.
  • NCSU escapes with win after ECU outgains them and misses FG to win. Overrated or will this be wake up call?
  • FSU plays second game tonight before we play our 1st. Beating LSU would be a statement.
  • VT beat itself plain and simple. Fluke loss, will they get it cleaned up, or do they suck?
  • UNC survived shootout. Unless their D adjusts they'll continue to have to ourscore folks.
  • Duke-impressive start, looked good on O and D.
  • UVA did what they were supposed to, score didn't indicate ease of victory.
  • BC 29 yards rushing on 29 attempts. Rutgers ran for over 200. Close game statistically but if over reliant on pass it's hard to win.
What about the only team that’s 1-0 in ACC play? ;)

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I’m assuming you didn’t watch NC State last year and/or know who Devin Leary is?

Also, glad we’re getting to avoid Drake Maye after this season.
Yeah, I do. I don't, however, think he could touch the top of either Armstrong or Hartman's cleats. They are that much better. Imho, of course.