ACC Discussion 2020

Deleted member 2897

The question is who can we hold to less than seventeen points....cause we aint scoring more than 20

Well we’ve scored less than 20 once, so this is a silly butt hurt post. How about a gentleman’s wager that we score more than 20 next week in fact?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I watched most of four games yesterday and part of a fifth.

My thoughts: Pitt, Duke, NC State, and VT are all teams we could beat if we played relatively free of mistakes. That is big contingency, but still...

uga and Bama are good. I am glad we are not playing either one this year. USCe has a great running game, but wants to be a passing team. What were they thinking?

alagold

Helluva Engineer
That ncst game is got me concerned.Beating Pitt is NO small thing.We need to get players back and .beat L'ville because the 3 after that are BAD news.Its very possible we could be underdogs in all of our remaining games.

LibertyTurns

Banned
That ncst game is got me concerned.Beating Pitt is NO small thing.We need to get players back and .beat L'ville because the 3 after that are BAD news.Its very possible we could be underdogs in all of our remaining games.
When we launched the season I thought we could beat Syracuse, Dook, BC, and Woofcrack and we’d win 3 of 4 of those. Thought the had a chance games were Pitt, Looievill, FSU, Da U and UCF. Figured we’d win 1 of those for 4 wins minimum. Upside was 6 wins if both FSU and da U remained undisciplined train wrecks And we pickled those off.

Well, FSU is still a train wreck. No surprise we didn’t have enough horses to beat UCF. Too many key players sidelined and then there was the look the other way reffing. Cuse was annoying. They exposed a lot of our flaws and I’ll attribute that to good coaching prep. We had no game plan to counteract, a common theme disturbingly.

Dook, BC and the Woofcrack all look better than expected. 2 wins from where we sit would be a huge accomplishment, not a surprise but an accomplishment because I think we could. I expect 1 win but would not be surprised at 0 either If we lose control of the team and/or have too much more adversity.

I’m not sure if we can snag a win from the other 3 possibles. We’re likely to be either overmatched because we’re just not there yet or outcoached because the staff is still too green. I’ll be very happy not to lose more money on this team because I bet on 4 wins before the season started, but I think 4 wins is now a stretch.

Deleted member 2897

Until we play differently, we should be an underdog in everything unless Duke is o-fer when we meet.

Deleted member 2897

Good old Duke lost again to go to 0-4. They’ve finished dead last in the ACC 3x as much as any other team.

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
No big story, but I believe that without king that Miami team isn't doing a damn thing. Just Saying Clemson is gonna wear them out. **** Miami.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
IMO speaks to Clemson returning a lot from a title game runner up finish more than Miami being overrated. IMO Canes are a legit top 10, but there is a huge drop off once one gets past Clemson and Alabama.
Miami has top 15 talent. It’s no surprise that they’re ranked so high. They were going through year 1 of a coaching change as well last year. Even though it was an in-house hire, I’m sure Diaz has his own culture he wants implemented that’s different from Richt’s. The 2 biggest hindrances they had last year were their kicking game and QB play. They’ve solved both of those with transfers. Don’t think they’ll be able to play with Clemson tomorrow, but there’s probably only about 7-8 teams in the country that can.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Clemson will win easy. They finally get to get up for a game. One thing Dabo never fails at is getting his team ready for a big game.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Well, we certainly don't want to face them the week after they lose, so yeah...Go Clemps! (and I'll root for almost anyone over Miami of Florida.)

Deleted member 2897

Miami is a trashy undisciplined team. They quit when things aren’t going well. Every year we hear how they’re back and they start the season undefeated. One year a few years ago they were a top 5 team. Then lost like 3 or 4 in a row. One of these days they’re going to hang in a big game a little better. They’re kind of due.