ACC Discussion 2020-21

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
BTW the last time GT won 5 ACC games in a row was 95-96 where they won 7 in a row to end the year then won two more in the conference tournament.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I did take a bit of exception that Hurt was now player of the year in the ACC

He should be in the running at least. He'll likely be the conference leading scorer after tonight on ridiculous shooting and being the catalyst for their current run. I hate duke, but he's a player. I actually think Moses should probably be entering the discussion for similar reasons.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
He should be in the running at least. He'll likely be the conference leading scorer after tonight on ridiculous shooting and being the catalyst for their current run. I hate duke, but he's a player. I actually think Moses should probably be entering the discussion for similar reasons.
I know - he is a player. A good player. Was just taken aback a bit by the definitive way I took the comment. Blind resumes and Moses is a significant contender. Won't get the "push" that Hurt gets.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I know - he is a player. A good player. Was just taken aback a bit by the definitive way I took the comment. Blind resumes and Moses is a significant contender. Won't get the "push" that Hurt gets.

IMO there are two factors that work against Moses, kind of intertwined. One is that for most of the year Jose was seen as the best player on the team. The second is that Moses gets a lot of finishes off lobs or dump offs. Not that should be held against him, but those type of plays are often seen as being more about the guy doing the driving rather than the finishing.

If you look at the other contenders (Hurt, Champaigne, Jones) they've been the clear best players for their teams all year.