ACC Coaches set

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
CPJ better put his big boys pants on.

UVA completes the 3-3 strong hires with BYU's Bronco Mendenhall. He was 99-42 at BYU.

FWIW, CPJ is 10-13 against the current ACC Coastal coaches.

Cutcliffe - 6-2
Richt - 2-6
Fedora - 2-2
Narduzzi - 0-1
Mendenhall - 0-2
Fuente - 0-0

RamblinRed

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
On the bright side, coastal could be one of the best conferences in football with these kind of coaching in a few years. I just hope we are able to hold the line and stay toward the top of the coastal.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I'm pretty excited about this. I've thought the SEC only had a leg up the past several years because the coaching pedigrees seemed slightly better. I am unsure of how all the new hires will pan out, but I think it will be a fun time to be an ACC football fan.

JKMSJ

Jolly Good Fellow
It will be interesting to see how he does when does not have the huge advantage of coaching a team full of grown men.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Richt at Miami is probably not too much of an adjustment. I find the UVA hire of Mendenhall interesting. In the end, I think it will be good. The circumstances he is walking into will be quite different, requiring an adjustment on his part I'm sure. He will have younger kids on average with a bit of a culture change thrown in. Bottom line, I think he is a good coach who will have success.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Although we don't know how all of this will pan out... did the ACC just go all in on football? We know the ACC is a great if not the best basketball conference (big 10 vs ACC is still up for debate) but with narduzzi, cpj, richt, cutcliffe (as much as we hate him) fedora, Fuente , Bronco, fisher, dabo, petrino (even though he's kind of SEC scum) it seems pretty insane. Has there ever been a conference to dominate basketball and football at the same time for a decent run? I could see maybe the big 10 although that would have just been ohio state and with the SEC I know they had the florida run with urban and donovan but the rest of the conference wasn't that good with basketball outside of kentucky.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Richt at Miami is probably not too much of an adjustment. I find the UVA hire of Mendenhall interesting. In the end, I think it will be good. The circumstances he is walking into will be quite different, requiring an adjustment on his part I'm sure. He will have younger kids on average with a bit of a culture change thrown in. Bottom line, I think he is a good coach who will have success.

I agree about Mendenhall. At first blush it looks like a great hire. Then I start wondering whether he has many contacts on the east coast, how well he'll recruit on the east coast, and so forth. It should be pretty different for him.