ACC Bowl Thread

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
As you can see, the ACC is competitive against any level of competition. These teams just need to learn how to finish. All of the losses except for UNC were 1 score or less type losses. Unfortunately the national media does no real in depth analysis, they simply look at the 2 and 4 record and say the ACC is not very good. BC, Miami and Duke could have won and maybe should have won their games. Duke was unranked and almost beat mighty Arizona State, Miami almost beat that SEC powerhouse South Carolina and BC had national power Penn State on the ropes.

The truth is most of these teams and these leagues are at parity. Much like pro football, in college football any team can beat any other team on any given day.

Go Jackets!

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
As you can see, the ACC is competitive against any level of competition. These teams just need to learn how to finish. All of the losses except for UNC were 1 score or less type losses. Unfortunately the national media does no real in depth analysis, they simply look at the 2 and 4 record and say the ACC is not very good. BC, Miami and Duke could have won and maybe should have won their games. Duke was unranked and almost beat mighty Arizona State, Miami almost beat that SEC powerhouse South Carolina and BC had national power Penn State on the ropes.

The truth is most of these teams and these leagues are at parity. Much like pro football, in college football any team can beat any other team on any given day.

Go Jackets!

I agree totally, JJ, but I will say that some of that is the coaching. The questionable coaching in the ACC helps GT currently, because I believe we have top-level coaches on both sides of the ball. But, it is embarrassing that these guys tend to not be able to win these marquee out of conference games.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Bottom line...gotta win bowls to earn respect and the ACC is pretty much wetting the bed at the moment. I honestly don't mind seeing puke and daU lose even if it hurts our conference perception wise. Wish bc had won. Missed their OT but that was a good game.

babuka

Georgia Tech Fan
It is hard enough to pull for one team, much less an entire conference. In the NFL you pull for all the other teams in your division to lose every week. Much healthier as a fan. With the way the playoffs are going (likely to go to 8 games in the next few years) the whole conference pride stuff means much less as each conference champ will be almost guaranteed a spot. Imagine how much more fun this would be if you actively rooted against your conference rivals.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Unless the ACC turns this around in the last 5 games, expect more of the same disregard for the ACC. You gotta win the big games and bowl games to get respect from the pundits and the computers.

At 2-4, best we can do is 7-4 (or 8-4) if FSU wins it all again. That won't happen most likely. And yes I'm disappointed.

I watched the BC game and it was bad coaching that lost that game. BC got up 14 and then got very conservative in play calling. I agree entirely that CPJ is heads and shoulders above most coaches (including ACC coaches).

Miami was the regular undisciplined bunch and USCe played good D.

Kind of ironic that VT had their best offensive performance in a dozen games without Beamer Sr on the sidelines. Good way to ease him out? Foster remains a hell of a good coach.

And as much as I dislike Fluke, I was actually pulling for them. They had no business being in that game. How ironic that the #1 ST group gave up the big KO return after getting the lead for the first time? CFB is hard to predict!

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
The ACC is killing me and embarrassing us all as usual in these games against crap conferences like the big 10. UNC has so much talent and BC had the game won and couldn't make a 3&15 stop. Just ugly games at the end. Duke played well but just made a few mistakes that they couldn't overcome.