ACC Bowl Action

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Why? Brice Ramsey is a great punter

This is part of the reason why, although they're a rival, I'm perfectly fine with rooting for Clem's Son last night.

(1) They and UGA basically ran parallel programs the past 30 years. UGA won it all in '80, Clem in '81. It was basically a mediocre mad-dash to see which would get a title first. Clem winning has to stick in the dawgs' collective craw.
(b) Them telling sCam Newton and now Watson that they weren't good enough to play QB for the dawgs. Welp, both have natty titles. Suck on that dawgs.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It's going to take more then 1 year for people to think of the ACC as a football conference. Yes I do think the ACC is the top football conference this year. But to see the final AP poll and see Auburn ( SEC ) at 24 and us at 27 has me pissed off to the highest degree of pisstivity, I hope it does the same thing to our players. I look forward to the start of football season this year.

Stech's point highlights one of my long time frustrations. Where you start the year in the rankings has a big influence on where you end. When people say it doesn't matter, win and it will take care of itself I want to holler. Switch us and Auburn preseason, and we are in the rankings and they aren't.

I agree that it will take a long time of SEC mediocrity to lower there status, but I think the ACC might finally have raised the perception of our conference this year. I guess we'll see in August.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Heck of a game last night. Had just about everyhting you'd want to see in a game (except for taking so long on so various reviews). Oh and not gettign over until so darn late.

Congratulations to Clemson.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Heck of a game last night. Had just about everyhting you'd want to see in a game (except for taking so long on so various reviews). Oh and not gettign over until so darn late.

Congratulations to Clemson.
This was the best Championship Game since the 2003 Fiesta Bowl between Miami and Ohio State in my opinion.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Yes, you should be happy, because they are ACC, and they are IMO a friendly rival, unlike the mutts who are a HATED rival
I hope everybody, particularly the Bobby Dodd-era fans, appreciated Watson's quick kick on that 4th down fake. Stuck the ball dead inside the five? Several creative plays called in the game, and it was made clear early on that Swinney was there to win. I thought that last one was a stretch, because I'm not sure he had time for a FG if it didn't work. But he brought 'em to play from the get-go.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I hope everybody, particularly the Bobby Dodd-era fans, appreciated Watson's quick kick on that 4th down fake. Stuck the ball dead inside the five? Several creative plays called in the game, and it was made clear early on that Swinney was there to win. I thought that last one was a stretch, because I'm not sure he had time for a FG if it didn't work. But he brought 'em to play from the get-go.
It's been a long time since I've seen the kicking game help to win a major football game.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Paul Finebaum on the SEC Network blamed the loss on Saban firing Lame Kiffin and he also blamed Jalen Hurts.
You know, people like that forget 2016 when they had Kiffin but it took a trick onside kick recovery to ut the game away. Besides which they had him when he put Scarborough on the shelf for most of the game. Actually I thought if the refs called it strictly by the book two ace Alabama defenders would have been tossed for targeting, and I saw several of those forearm hooks at the head miss, though one almost decapitated Watson.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
You know, people like that forget 2016 when they had Kiffin but it took a trick onside kick recovery to ut the game away. Besides which they had him when he put Scarborough on the shelf for most of the game. Actually I thought if the refs called it strictly by the book two ace Alabama defenders would have been tossed for targeting, and I saw several of those forearm hooks at the head miss, though one almost decapitated Watson.
Bammer gets loads of breaks that nobody else does just like North Carolina in basketball.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I liked that one also I just forgot about that.
Actually, I kind of think 2016 was kinda good.
Bammer gets loads of breaks that nobody else does just like North Carolina in basketball.
UNC and Duke drive me nuts. That Allen kid came back from his horrible one-game suspension for tripping, and immediately tried it again. And it wasn't called, and the announcers opined as his foot got up in a defender's crotch that there was no real evidence it was intended.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Actually, I kind of think 2016 was kinda good.

UNC and Duke drive me nuts. That Allen kid came back from his horrible one-game suspension for tripping, and immediately tried it again. And it wasn't called, and the announcers opined as his foot got up in a defender's crotch that there was no real evidence it was intended.
Allen is a thug.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope some of the Alabama mystique will be damaged now. I thought Clemson looked like the better team both years, but this time they closed the deal. Out gained them by 150 yards and played better in the clutch.

Both teams took some cheap shots, but Bama took more. There was a serious helmet to helmet early on the big receiver from Clem which wasn't called.

I have to say, though, that Saban and the Alabama players were gracious after the game. I doubt their fans and the SEC worshippers are taking this as well.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I hope some of the Alabama mystique will be damaged now. I thought Clemson looked like the better team both years, but this time they closed the deal. Out gained them by 150 yards and played better in the clutch.

Both teams took some cheap shots, but Bama took more. There was a serious helmet to helmet early on the big receiver from Clem which wasn't called.

I have to say, though, that Saban and the Alabama players were gracious after the game. I doubt their fans and the SEC worshippers are taking this as well.

I think the official ruling was that the receiver (a) wasn't "defenseless" and (b) it was not a hit with the crown of the helmet therefore, no targeting foul.

Sounds like BS to me. I thought helmet contact was a flag regardless.