ACC Bowl Action

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Does that mean FSU was overlooked and should have been in the CFP conversation? Nope, then again Michigan should not have been either.

The commentators tomorrow: "Clearly Michigan should have been in the playoffs. They were able to stay within 1 point with their best defensive and best offensive players out of the game. This is obvious evidence that Michigan is one of the top four teams in the country."

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
from the looks of it they have an entire front line of
The commentators tomorrow: "Clearly Michigan should have been in the playoffs. They were able to stay within 1 point with their best defensive and best offensive players out of the game. This is obvious evidence that Michigan is one of the top four teams in the country."

i missed most of the graphic but didnt fsu have 3 players out as well?

while im thrilled that the acc is doing so well at 6-2 i am hoping we win two more games. louisville and us. 8-3 would be outstanding imo.

the last acc loss i hope is against tosu. i am also an alum of tosu so i have to pull for my buckeyes. sorry but clemson is to bama-ish for me. i despise bama in every imaginable way possible.

go washington

go bucks. go jackets.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I know you're speaking TIC, but can someone explain to me the Jabrill Peppers hype?

Offensively, Peppers averaged 14.22 yards per game. His three TD's came against Rutgers (2) and Michigan State (1). Both of those teams were terrible this year.

Defensively, let's use the blind sample test. Who do you think had the better year via Sports-Reference Stats:

Player A: 66 Total Tackles (46 Solo - 20 Assisted), 13.0 Tackles for Loss(16 per Conference), 3.0 Sacks, 1 Int, 0 Forced Fumbles, and 1 Non-Offensive TD.

Player B: 125 Total Tackles (92 solo - 33 Assisted), 24.0 Tackles for Loss, 7.0 Sacks, 1 Int, 1 Forced Fumble, and 1 Non-Offensive TD.

Player A is Jabrill Peppers, Butkus Award Winner, Heisman Finalist, Big 10 Defensive Player of the Year, 1st Team All Big Ten

And...Player B is Tegray Scales, also from the Big 10 (Indiana), 2nd Team All Big Ten

I'm really not trying to disparage Peppers, he seems like a great young man with a bright future. I just don't get the massive amount of hype that surrounds him, other than he plays for Harbaugh. I don't think his stats justify it alone, unless I'm missing something...

Last edited:

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I think Jabrill Peppers is a really good athlete that just had the preseason hype machine take off. Jourdan Lewis was probably the actual best player on Michigan's defense this year

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Michigan just played good D until FSU's D got tired. They were exhausted those last 2 TD's and couldn't get near the push up front they had all game long.

I honestly think Michigan's punter was their best offensive player. Dude was bombing punts across the field when Michigan was deep in their own territory and pinning FSU constantly inside the 10. Then FSU's punter can't kick 40 yards. Michigan was constantly starting at the 50.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Also that game was an incredible display of tackling for both teams. Even one on one battles were constantly sure tackles without being dragged for extra yards.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
from the looks of it they have an entire front line of

i missed most of the graphic but didnt fsu have 3 players out as well?

while im thrilled that the acc is doing so well at 6-2 i am hoping we win two more games. louisville and us. 8-3 would be outstanding imo.

the last acc loss i hope is against tosu. i am also an alum of tosu so i have to pull for my buckeyes. sorry but clemson is to bama-ish for me. i despise bama in every imaginable way possible.

go washington

go bucks. go jackets.
I'm with you on the Bama hate, me too! But I think FSU is more akin to Bama than the Tiggers.