ACC Baseball Tournament

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Tied for 2nd largest shutout win in ACC tournament behind UNC's14-0 win against Maryland in 2004.

Killerbees

Jolly Good Fellow
Same old story - it repeats every year...not a single pitcher stepped up today when it mattered the most...
We had 2 pitchers with 0.00 ERA in conference play. They are the winners. Haha! Joking aside, I was surprised we didn’t use Diamant this year. He had some big innings for us last year as a freshman (and some bad) I believe he had a conference ERA in the mix with this years team in the 5’s.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Come on Jbatt. Do your job!
Here's how. I believe next year is last year of DH contract. JBatt tells him it will not be renewed. He can either announce his retirement now and take a buyout this year or announce next year will be his last. If second option, recruiting will be a disaster unless replacement is announced , i.e.coach in waiting. Pretty obvious pitching has been the Achilles heel for a while now.

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
I'd like to see Tech announce that Hall will be retiring at the conclusion of his current contract. This way we honor the existing contract and don't burn any bridges with Hall's ardent supporters like Tex.

Tech then makes a public relations push to celebrate Hall's career and to make a big deal about his farewell tour. Work with the ACC office to get our ACC road series opponents to make a big deal of Hall's last visit to them. Make sure the final ACC series of the season is at home. Have the ACC work with ESPN to get Tech on more telecasts early in the season.

We should bring back a dozen or so former Tech players every home weekend to throw out the first pitch or be special game captains. Let Batt wine and dine these players while they're in town, paint his vision of the future of Tech baseball and get support commitments from these former players.

Appeal to fraternities and other student organizations to make the mid-week and Friday night games a party atmosphere. Work with local little league organizations (including the Warner Robins area where Burress came from) to have 2-4 little league teams in attendance at every Sat & Sun game. Have giveaways at every home game, such as bobbleheads of Tex and others, free pizza and/or t-shirts that would appeal to students.

With assistance from the ACC, Batt should have one of his top assistants to take over scheduling and schedule some high profile early season games that appeal to ESPN. Games against Florida, LSU, Miss St, OK State, etc. Work with the Braves to play some of these games as neutral site games at the Braves spring training facility in Florida. But absolutely no cupcake home games next year.

The Tech Athletic Department really needs to play up that this is a special job and any NCAA coach should desire to coach here. Tech has been coached the past 42/43 years by 2 Hall of Fame coaches. Who's going to be the next Hall of Fame coach to take over for Hall?

As for recruiting, Tech coaches need to follow the Athletic Department's lead and emphasize that this is a special place and the next coach will be another Hall of Fame coach. Hall and Ramsey have had great success with 1 year players from the portal so I don't think that would be affected much and might actually be an incentive to get some players to come play for Hall in his final year.

Basically, we need to take a page from SEC's marketing playbook.