ACC AD Meetings - New Revenue Distribution Model?

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Six new schools given AAU designation including U Miami FL, Arizona State U, U South FL and ND. So much for FSU to the Big 10 at least for now.
Sit back and wait for it... by the end of the day, we’ll be told that this is a GOOD sign for FSU. It’s all but a done deal now!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Six new schools given AAU designation including U Miami FL, Arizona State U, U South FL and ND. So much for FSU to the Big 10 at least for now.

FSU has until 2036 to get into AAU...even then, I don't think B1G will scoff at FSU not having AAU status. FSU has put a LOT of money into their research programs, and trying to gain entry into AAU.

I've heard one of the biggest motivations for Radakovich going to Miami was helping them get into the B1G. That South FL market will be HUGE...both with growing demographics, AND B1G graduates. Now they have AAU status as well.

The Florida market is going to be a BIG player with conferences. There is no one market in Florida as big as Atlanta, but they have multiple BIG markets (Tampa/St Pete, Orlando, Jacksonville, Miami). Florida also has twice as many residents at GA.

As for Notre Dame, B1G would have taken them regardless of AAU status. Now that they've gained AAU status, that caveat is gone for discussions.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
The problem I've always seen with FSU to the BIG is they are in a rural market and that is not the pattern or what some in the BIG have indicated fits their expansion formula, The BIG seems to be mirroring the NFL somewhat. Media mkts seem to be one of the main underlying determinations in their selections. I could see the possibility of S. Fl and AZ ST. eventually being asked to join the BIG because of the Tampa, St. Pete Clearwater, Sarasota media mkt and Phoenix media mkt. Lots of upper midwestern people living in both of those very large media mkts.