A Thread to Rehash GT HC Comparisons

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I guess a lot of you just wish we would "shut up" about our concerns. That is funny, because that ain't happening with GT fans/alums.
I am saying this as a long time participant of this site and not in a role as a moderator. I don't mind venting. I understand it and occasionally do it myself. I don't need anyone to shut up. But (and I am not directing this at you personally) after you post the same thing twice, no more than thrice, we understand your position. On uniforms. On the TO. On CDP. On Sims. Or on Graham. On Collins. On Money Down. On Curry. On Covid. On Dancer and Dasher and Prancer and Vixen. A significant percentage of people who post here apparently have Alzheimer's or some other ailment such that they don't remember that they posted the exact same thing 5 or 30 minutes ago or even an hour ago. Or perhaps they think that, like a free throw or golf swing, repetition is good or makes their arguments that much more compelling. It is like panning for gold sometimes as you sift through post after post saying the same thing looking for new information or pertinent insights.okay, my vent is over. Thank you for listening.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I am saying this as a long time participant of this site and not in a role as a moderator. I don't mind venting. I understand it and occasionally do it myself. I don't need anyone to shut up. But (and I am not directing this at you personally) after you post the same thing twice, no more than thrice, we understand your position. On uniforms. On the TO. On CDP. On Sims. Or on Graham. On Collins. On Money Down. On Curry. On Covid. On Dancer and Dasher and Prancer and Vixen. A significant percentage of people who post here apparently have Alzheimer's or some other ailment such that they don't remember that they posted the exact same thing 5 or 30 minutes ago or even an hour ago. Or perhaps they think that, like a free throw or golf swing, repetition is good or makes their arguments that much more compelling. It is like panning for gold sometimes as you sift through post after post saying the same thing looking for new information or pertinent insights.okay, my vent is over. Thank you for listening.

And, it goes both ways. Others, who have different opinions, post their opinions and their reasoning many different times as well. I plan to post anytime I see fit. I don't think anyone is forced to read my post, if they do not like to hear my opinion or reasoning. May the Lord bless you, and thanks for you listening as well.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
And, it goes both ways. Others, who have different opinions, post their opinions and their reasoning many different times as well. I plan to post anytime I see fit. I don't think anyone is forced to read my post, if they do not like to hear my opinion or reasoning. May the Lord bless you, and thanks for you listening as well.
I think you are misreading my post. I don't care what the opinion is, it can be pro or con, on any topic. It's the repetition that is the issue, not the opinion itself. Post away! ETA: the 'you" in my post above was used in the generic sense, not in as you personally. Sorry for any confusion caused by that.

Last edited:
I was told when GT hired CPJ that when he left it would set GT back 10 years I’m starting to believe it.
And everyone that made those comments or something similar, were banned on all the major GT message boards, that way everything could be nice & harmonious and everyone could be in agreement that all was right with GT FB

People in the CFB Media knew that GT FB was a house built of straw or or sticks just waiting for the rest of Pwr5 FB to huff & puff and blow our house down

Had the major GT message boards allowed open and honest dialogue about the true state of GT FB all along, there would be a lower level of shock seeing how we look now

Before I go 100% of the scholarship players on ND's Team are Academic Qualifiers for GT FB, think about that when you look at the disparity in Talent and size-speed ratios between their Linemen and our Linemen on both O & D

Cc10221022

Georgia Tech Fan
So many excuses are being made for Collins. I like Collins the person, but really have my doubts about his ability to be a successful Head coach at this level. Hugging and kissing his players at halftime doesn’t actually address the teams short comings. Can anyone imagine CPJ hugging and kissing his players at halftime? You hold players accountable for their mistakes, coach them up, and try the next guy if no improvement.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
Short memories here. This is what Paul Johnson had built on the defensive side. This was his last game for us when his players went out and busted their *** to send him off in style

224 yards rushing to a freshman RB with a freshman QB and under 300 yards of offense. Everyone acts like he left Collins a bunch of players. That's hogwash Gailey left him some players he didn't leave jack for Collins.

Cc10221022

Georgia Tech Fan
Tiered of all the excuse being made for Collins. I have my doubts as to if Collins can be successful as a Head coach at this level. Hugging and kissing his players at half time doesn’t get the job done. He should be holding players accountable for mistakes, coaching them up, and making personnel changes if there isn’t improvement. Can you imagine CPJ hugging and kissing players at halftime. He was too busy coaching and making adjustments to try and win ball games.

Everybody outside the fanbase understands it’s a rebuild yr except GT fans
Please stop saying this is a re-build. The team he took over won 7 games and went to a bowl. He decided to tear down what was there and not use any of the personnel or at least gradually move into something else. If it is said changing schemes is re-build, well CPJ came into a rebuild and won 9 games year 1 and 11 the next with an ACC championship. What I am seeing looks a lot like 1993.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Please stop saying this is a re-build. The team he took over won 7 games and went to a bowl. He decided to tear down what was there and not use any of the personnel or at least gradually move into something else. If it is said changing schemes is re-build, well CPJ came into a rebuild and won 9 games year 1 and 11 the next with an ACC championship. What I am seeing looks a lot like 1993.
Not to be harsh but moving from a triple with not a lot of coaches that coach it , this was to be expected . It's easier to transition to the triple than to transition out . Tstan made the decision and let it be known that the triple was out and we had to start clean.

So many excuses are being made for Collins. I like Collins the person, but really have my doubts about his ability to be a successful Head coach at this level. Hugging and kissing his players at halftime doesn’t actually address the teams short comings. Can anyone imagine CPJ hugging and kissing his players at halftime? You hold players accountable for their mistakes, coach them up, and try the next guy if no improvement.
Wow!

Just wow

You need to learn something about P5 CFB before you make silly remarks

Him hugging the players in lieu of chewing them out isn't gonna change the way they play

Our 280ish to 290ish DLinemen that aren't quick or fast aren't gonna suddenly play as if they are 6-4 330lb NFL caliber 3rd & 4th round future draft picks because the HC or the DC screams at them on the sideline

Pwr5 CFB demands talent, in the Trenches first & foremost, and thanks to the previous HC, that is where we are the weakest

It is easy as heck to find small & medium sized Players that can run, Coaches earn their Pay by finding big Players that can also run

Screaming & outdated sideline theatrics are worth less than nothing wrt players actually playing better

I wish CGC got a lot more respect for what he's trying to do , instead of the constant drive by attacks on his "coaching ability"

I was told when GT hired CPJ that when he left it would set GT back 10 years I’m starting to believe it.
CPJ was the most successful Tech coach since Dodd. So many of you fail to truly understand that Georgia Tech is more like the service academies than many of our ACC brethren. Or maybe we are Vandy....but a hell of a lot more successful. Academics will always keep us at a disadvantage. But that being said look at what we accomplish....until now...

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
CPJ was the most successful Tech coach since Dodd. So many of you fail to truly understand that Georgia Tech is more like the service academies than many of our ACC brethren. Or maybe we are Vandy....but a hell of a lot more successful. Academics will always keep us at a disadvantage. But that being said look at what we accomplish....until now...
Bull****

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Oh look, Let’s make this a CPJ thread again.

You can stew in your delusion all you want.

CPJ came in took over a team with a collective of 20 guys who were either drafted, in a NFL camp, or played pro in Canada. We would’ve made any scheme a winner.

Let’s not act as if we didn’t do Tobias left & Tobuas right that was an absolute failure

I can only imagine CGC face seeing a Harrison Jump as a 2 deep OL when he walked in

Oh look, Let’s make this a CPJ thread again.

You can stew in your delusion all you want.

CPJ came in took over a team with a collective of 20 guys who were either drafted, in a NFL camp, or played pro in Canada. We would’ve made any scheme a winner.

Let’s not act as if we didn’t do Tobias left & Tobuas right that was an absolute failure
7 wins, I think we would kill for that. We are looking at a 2 win season to go along with our 3 win Citadel loss season

This staff is a joke.

Just stop

Please stop

Academics hasn't been an excuse for GT FB since the 90s

We now have BS Business Admin, HST, and LMC, on average 10 players or less major in Engineering

When I was at GT, Mgt Majors took Biology for the Science Requirement, now GT FB Players take Earth Science

Before I go , 100% of ND's Roster are Academic Qualifiers for GT FB, 100 of the Players on both of BC's Lines are Academic Qualifiers for GT FB

The first thing we as fans need to do is stop using Academics as a crutch, a lot of the Players we call "dumb" at Bama-UGA-Ohio State-Clemson are smart enough to graduate from GT with a degree in LMC

The previous HC came in with a loaded Roster and then slunk outta town & left behind an empty cupboard & a depleted Roster

As much as I hate to see us play the way we have over the last 3 weeks, rebuilding both Lines of Scrimmage takes time

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Just stop

Please stop

The first thing we as fans need to do is stop using Academics as a crutch, a lot of the Players we call "dumb" at Bama-UGA-Ohio State-Clemson are smart enough to graduate from GT with a degree in LMC
I'm a bit afraid to ask but here it goes....wth is LMC?

God damned argument every week, it's somehow the triple options fault that we suck. Oh and it's easy to transition to the TO even though your o line is big and slow and no good for what you're trying to do, but it's somehow infinitely harder to transition out of the TO. Y'all are ridiculous

It's ok to admit the staff has gotten off to a bad start. Stop blaming your bad coaching on the TO. It doesn't mean things can't turn around, but it looks weaker when you can't own up to a bad start.

Edit: I swear to God at one point the announcer literally blamed the poor defense on the TO. He's probably one of y'all on this board lol.
What a load of revisionist BS!

The previous HC that quit on us, walked into 4 future NFL DLinemen, all 4 would have earned 2 d contracts had Daryl Richard not gotten his MBA & walked away from the NFL

3 of the 4 DBs played in the NFL with 2 of those guys getting a 2nd NFL Contract

At least 1 of the LBs made the NFL

On Offense Gardner got at least 2 NFL Contracts as did Bebe, I think Claytor at one point made the NFL

Dwyer was an NFL players, Nesbitt made an NFL practice sqd at Strong Safety a testament to his overall athleticism

In summary, the previous HC walked into a sh*tload of Talent on the Roster, and before you criticize CGC, maybe you should answer the question why the Previous HC didn't leave the Roster with same Talent level as he found it

Imagine how much better Sims & Gibbs would be if we had 2 future NFL OLs & 4 future NFL DLs?

Imagine how many fewer INTs Sims would have if he could play it safe & let the Defense get a stop and then go back to Off rather than making risky throws?

Being strong on both LoS's changes the QB's decisions and it changes the strategy that the coordinators use during the Game

If you really knew CFB, then you'd realize how much the poor Recruiting of the previous HC has left behind a toxic Roster that poisons every decision relating to GT FB

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
The same Scott Satterfield that’s sitting at 2-4 with a 19 point loss to “clown, hype man, car salesman, bad coach” Geoff Collins in year 2?

And the same Neal Brown that’s beaten 1 FBS team with a winning record? Of his 8 wins 2 of them are Kansas, 2 are FCS teams, 1 is the same NC State team that “clown, bad coach, dummy, 404 error code, Butch Jones 2.0” Geoff Collins beat.

One of those 2 guys who took over programs with objectively better talent without the obstacle of completely transitioning the offense? One of those 2 guys whose programs are either on the same level as GT currently, or marginally better? One of which has literally lost to Geoff Collins? Interesting choices
He won 8 games last year but I agree if we beat his team then he must not be great