A question for ex players or serious fans

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I once went to a college level baseball coaching clinic where we observed detailed coaching instructions. A question was asked as to why the players were all put through the simple ABC tecnique when we all know our pro hero players do things differently. The answer was interesting. "The pro players have so much more natural ability that we would inhibit their performance if we micro managed their detail technique. We have to teach the less talented players an ABC technique to give them a chance to sometimes do things well at this level". I think our 3 star football talent has to be exposed to a lot of coaching to get them competitive and for the most part our coaches do a good job, but they do not have the ultra talented players to turn them loose to make some of the great plays we see the big boys make.

My personal experience is that the O needs a lot of ABC technique coaching but really good natural D players do better not burdening them with too many reads and rules. Unfortunately we do not have those ultra talented D players on our roster. I can see why Roof coaches the way he does given the talent he has to work with. I just don't like it.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Our 3* guys are smaller and usually not as fast as 5*. Should generally be smarter. What you can't always measure is desire.