A new (to me, at least) wrinkle from today

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
There is plenty we can run with the B-back going wide:

speed option which we used to run with JD. This is two way option on the edge with JT and the B-back. Here are some examples of some "cool" offenses running that play like Oregon and OSU... :)

load option (B-back becomes the lead blocker):

I bet the A back counter would work real well too.

/

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
I think we will continue to use this play for two reasons: It fits our BB personnel and it allows us to go outside on the weakside . We scored both our TDs with a run left outside when the wideside of the field was to our right. It is hard to run the TO3 to the short side of the field from the hash mark and this play gives us another opportunity to run outside to the short side of the field where we usually have a numbers advantage. There is also less ball handling with this play.
It's also a way to slow down that Mike backer.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
OHHHHHHH, was this what happened on the play when Bryan was pulling and got caught up and couldnt' make his block? I want to say that was a QB counter. Was that off this action?

It was a QB counter, but it was off TO action.

The biggest shoulda woulda coulda moment: the second play of the game. We ran triple option to the right and everything was done perfectly: PSA and WR switch blocked and the second level was cut off perfectly. We would've had a 2-v-1 against the CB, and in terms of execution you couldn't ask for anything better. Unfortunately, we gave instead of pulling and Mills got eaten up for a 1-yard loss.