A few quick notes

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
The POTENTIAL is ALL there. Whether he works hard enough and has his head screwed on well enough to realize that potential is the question. PROTECT the football young man!!
Your spot on Boomer. I know that I along with many other fans had unrealistic expectations for Vad this past season. After watching his brief appearances in '12 I honestly thought he would have around 2,000 passing and 1,000 rushing yards with 20+ total touchdowns. As far as JT is concerned or whoever gets the starting nod next season I for one am not gonna try to expect anything extraordinary. I just hope that our QB makes good quick decisions and gives us a chance to win more games than we won this season and last. I hope JT is that guy though because I do like what he brings to the table.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Once during one of the radio shows this year callers were pressing PJ on why JT wasn't getting more playing time. PJ let his coachspeak guard down and made it crystal clear his big problem with Justin was he doesn't carry the ball securely. Boomer apparently is aware of that issue too.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
Once during one of the radio shows this year callers were pressing PJ on why JT wasn't getting more playing time. PJ let his coachspeak guard down and made it crystal clear his big problem with Justin was he doesn't carry the ball securely. Boomer apparently is aware of that issue too.
I've noticed that as well. He is bad about carrying the ball like a loaf of bread at times. Hope he breaks that habit.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
He doesn't tuck it away. The proverial "loaf of bread" syndrome. Hope he's got that fixed. Go back and watch his hs highlights, he never tucked it away in hs either.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

Watching him run during the spring game and during some of the games this year, this untrained eye noticed how "freely" he cared the ball away from his body. About had a coronary more than once. :nailbiting:

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
... my bad... should have read the next two posts before responding. Just like techman78 says, and I have said he carries it like he doesn't want that loaf of bread to get crushed.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
When I say protect the football, I mean more than just how he carries the ball, although that is part of it. He forces pitches and throws trying to make something happen EVERY play. QBs who force everything generally don't get to play very much.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
When I say protect the football, I mean more than just how he carries the ball, although that is part of it. He forces pitches and throws trying to make something happen EVERY play. QBs who force everything generally don't get to play very much.

Which was pretty much what happened in 2013.

wuzjrbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow

Yes, he was very careless at time with pitches.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Which is something we need. Someone to pitch the damn ball in tight spots. Some of GTs best options plays have come in this form. High risk high reward.

#aintskeered
When you are going down with a guy wrapped around your ankles and to attempt to get the ball to an AB on the bounce, off a desperation pitch, you are trying to do too much. If you attacked your pitch read and forced him to commit and you pitch in tight spaces, fine. I get your point, but I think JT has stepped over the line a few times in the ball security department.