A few notes from practice

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
As I recall Waller was not a receiver in high school and was only converted to that position here at Tech. I want to say he was a defensive back. Can anyone confirm that? Anyway, if true then part of what we have seen with Waller has to be a result of not having the years of practice at the position. Even though Smelter was just playing baseball at Tech he was a high school wide receiver.

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
As I recall Waller was not a receiver in high school and was only converted to that position here at Tech. I want to say he was a defensive back. Can anyone confirm that? Anyway, if true then part of what we have seen with Waller has to be a result of not having the years of practice at the position. Even though Smelter was just playing baseball at Tech he was a high school wide receiver.
That didn't even play football his senior year.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
If CPJ wanted to I believe we truly have the tools to throw the ball 25 or 30 times.....obviously we wont (and I have no problem with that) but if CPJ took a wild hair and decided to do so you have 2 very good recievers in Waller and Smelter and im actually really excited about JT as a passer as well. Maybe he doesnt have the arm strength of Vad but I think his mechanics are better and he throws a good ball JMO. If the OL holds up we could have a very exciting season on O.
I asked Smelter if JT threw a catchable ball while at Fan Day. His response was an unequivocal yes. In fact he may have exaggerated a bit by saying "The Best"