A couple of concerns

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
My concern is, that without Byerly, JT will play most or all of what we all hope is a meaningless game after the first half. The exposure of Justin Thomas to a ding is real, but I can't get too worried, because the reality is he was going to play 60 minutes against Notre Dame in seven more days. If we have the game under control early, Justin can play every snap and hand off, hand off, hand off.

Thomas needs to play 3/4 of the game regardless of score. He needs to get hit some before the ND game.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
When CPJ first came here, Josh was out with an injury, they had Quentin Sims (who played QB in HS but recruited to play WR) practice at QB and he even played some snaps there against a lower level opponent. If we are up big, I'm pretty sure MJ knows enough of the offense to keep the ball moving and there would be a plan for QB3 behind him.

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
Sometimes I think FBS coaches schedule FCS teams just to be able to belt-whip their DEs about a pass rush in the week following. FCS coaches want to score the upset, but their first priority is keeping their QB safe for conference play. The QB tends to be jittery too, thinking "play fast, play fast" and trying to match the speed of the D1 defense.

That leads to a low number of sacks and hurries. Purely a product of circumstances, but it helps to prevent complacency after winning a game by 60 points.

As far as Tulane is concerned

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 83

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Concerns? Other than generating more of a pass rush out of the four man front, I don't think I have any.

And that scares me.

Declinometer

Banned
1. Mathew Jordan. Does anyone know how well has he progressed as a QB? Whenever I watched him play the timing was off and he just looked sloppy. I hope he gets a significant amount of reps against Tulane. That would mean GT would have a comfortable lead.

2. Pass rush. Where were the sacks? Can we generate sacks this game?

1. We know now..a lot!

2. Plenty of sacks. Poor tackling doe!

txsting

Jolly Good Fellow
Concerns? Other than generating more of a pass rush out of the four man front, I don't think I have any.

And that scares me.
Actually thought we were ok, Freeman played well, Gotsis. Need moar from Hunt. Rook played great. Their QB wasn't comfortable at all.