A Bruce Feldman tweet on CPJ

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
"Word is GT coach Paul Johnson is not happy with the school. Hopes they buy him out, according to a source"

flounder

Jolly Good Fellow
Cryptic. Is that supposed to mean he's unhappy with the job in general or unhappy with a specific decision that's been made (about exceptions etc.)?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Sounds very O'Leary-ish. Without the 3IAR though.

Bad news happens in 3's. We got Carter's injury and Vads transfer so far so ...

Can I speculate the source is Wes? Wes to Barnhart (CBS) to Feldman (CBS)?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It seems like CPJ hasn't been happy for the past couple of seasons here. Just pure conjecture by me reading his demeanor. Then again, I thought Vad's demeanor during the Miami and BYU game after he got reamed out by CPJ and none of his teammates were within 10 yards of him like he was toxic was a sign that he wasn't too happy here either.

It feels like our football program is definitely at a crossroads right now. If CPJ is willing to take $0.50 on the dollar or less to move on, then it may be in GT's best interest to take him up on the offer and move on.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
What's your thoughts on Bruce Feldman Eric? How reliable is he?

Feldman is legit. He's one of the more respected journalist in the business. When ESPN made him go dark, other well respected journalists called ESPN out on how shady they are. #FreeBruce...look it up.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
Interesting but this is almost like a Rorshach - it's ambiguous enough that people will see what they want.

Things hadn't been great for the past few years. The USC win was awesome and seemed fitting for a weird year with some bright spots and I thought it was going to give us some momentum into 2013.

Our defense bounces back (minus some abysmal play in 2-3 games) and our offense suddenly becomes a real liability. Our QB becomes tentative on the ground and makes a lot of crazy mistakes in the passing game. Our OL becomes decimated by injuries. The QB leaves.

It's a tough spot. I actually like the defense for next year but the offense is again a big question mark. I'm obviously a CPJ fan so I hope this isn't him backing out - but things don't look super rosy right now, and we don't know what exactly is going on behind the scenesscenes

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
There is more drama going on at GT than a Maury episode, and it is happening at the worst possible time.

56JacketDE

GT Athlete
Hopefully Vad knows we will be passing more next year maybe he hasn't signed his release yet!

There is a silver lining in all this

Techster

Helluva Engineer
we don't know what exactly is going on behind the scenesscenes

This. It's why when people say "the hill/GT will never get rid of CPJ because he graduates players" (besides the fact that it's not CPJ tutoring and doing class checks on our SAs) that's just pure conjecture and not anymore accurate than saying CPJ doesn't win enough and if doesn't win X amount of games in 2014 he's gone. Things that go on behind the scenes are MUCH more influential than what most fans get to see.

Billyho55

Georgia Tech Fan
The cold reality is, to be highly successful in the Triple Option you must have elite players/athletes to excel. The problem is, the same players/athletes I speak of, either 1, aren't usually the brightest players, and 2, aren't interested in playing in this offense that does not prepare them for the NFL like a more traditional approach.