A-Backs This Spring

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
One thing about the Snoddy injury I can't get over is the cart itself. Shouldn't we have a better mechanism for getting guys off the field when their injured than the Civil War-era rickshaw-looking thing?

Saw it the first time when Gamble was carted off but figured they used that because his wasn't a serious injury. One of you 1/6 millionaires need to donate a golf cart or hovercraft or something.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
One thing about the Snoddy injury I can't get over is the cart itself. Shouldn't we have a better mechanism for getting guys off the field when their injured than the Civil War-era rickshaw-looking thing?

Saw it the first time when Gamble was carted off but figured they used that because his wasn't a serious injury. One of you 1/6 millionaires need to donate a golf cart or hovercraft or something.

is it odd we don't have a rigged out golf cart for injured players? Perhaps the push cart is more controlled, so it limits movement and further injury/pain/etc...I don't know, but its funny you say that because it came up in our group watching.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer

We have one but it stays on the visitor's sideline. Because of all the cut(chop) block injuries, they have more need for it. :eek: :eek: :eek:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You're a good man @Blumpkin Souffle. I don't care what they say behind your back. ;)

You may be right @potatohead, but it looks kinda low budget. What if they have to travel the length of the field or something? That's a long way for some noodle-armed student to lug a guy and his pads. I think I'd prefer Blumpkin's hovercraft.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
You're right, it wasn't compound. However breaking both the way he did is rough. ABacks rely so much on cutting and that's how he broke it, its not just straight line speed. i. Johnson took a year off despite being medically cleared due to the mental aspect of his injury.

I hope he bounces back strong, but after your toes tickle your knee, its hard to come back immediately with faith in that leg. Like others on here said, it'll be great to see him running around in Spring getting back into it...but I'm not holding my breathe that he will be ready to be in taking tosses. I like the optimism though and I hope you're right. I love how that guy runs, he's very fun to watch.
You may well be right. Since it's bone-related and not joint-related, let's hope he stays confident. It's said that broken bones heal stronger than they were before the injury. If he believes that, it's possible he'll not be hesitant. Either way, I want him to be ready by next Fall. Since he's a red-shirt senior, the only real thing he'd provide this Spring is leadership. No need to push it if he's not comfortable. I feel very confident that he'll be 110% by Game 1 next year.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I watched the film (not pleasant) and I don't think he broke it on his own. He was hit in mid-stride by a Tigger and shook him off. He went down right then. As near as I could tell, he was hit right as he put his foot down with the Clemson guy on his back. All that weight hit at once on his leg and it gave.

But I could be wrong. At any rate it was a clean break and he'll be fine physically. Getting confidence back will come with time.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I watched the film (not pleasant) and I don't think he broke it on his own. He was hit in mid-stride by a Tigger and shook him off. He went down right then. As near as I could tell, he was hit right as he put his foot down with the Clemson guy on his back. All that weight hit at once on his leg and it gave.

But I could be wrong. At any rate it was a clean break and he'll be fine physically. Getting confidence back will come with time.
He broke his tib/fib by kicking himself. I don't know what angle you saw, but there's at least one angle that shows no one touched him, nor was anyone tackling him at the time. His right foot caught his left leg mid-calf and the lower leg hinged in the middle. It wasn't pretty.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
After watching game replay, I told my wife that it looked like he suddenly had an additional knee between his real knee and ankle. She is an RN in OR/PACU and even she made queasy face.