A-Backs This Spring

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
This is way too early to think about, not to mention it's Hate Week 1, but this occurred to me today.

With Snoddy almost certainly out this spring, we'll have two scholarship guys at AB: Clinton Lynch and Dennis Andrews. We'll also have two non-scholarship guys who have seen action: Isiah Willis and Austin McClellan.

Any depth on the horizon in the way of early enrollees? Anyone possible for a move?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
do any of you remember the character that Randy Quaid played in Independence Day? That, my friends,is me. I'm thinking I too would like another shot of glory/salvation/redemption. Anyone have CPJ's email? I'm all in. Don't what to spend another second wondering "what if?" wish now I would have walked on back in the late 70's when I was already down there. OTOH, the math should be pretty easy the second time around.:smuggrin:

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
I think the Braswell kid is a walkon and will be a redshirt sophomore A-back (out of St Pius).

I thought he was a BB? Not saying he can't be moved to AB, of course.

If Snoddy's back for spring, it would give us three scholly guys and two non-schollys who have gotten PT and carries. That's still thin, but not terrifyingly so.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I doubt they will let Snoddy have any contact this spring. We will miss the sure hands of the older guys. Sometimes they turn bad pitches into long gains plus they know how to block and keep spacing on the option.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
The physical healing is only a part of the process. When you suffer a break like that you need to rebuild your confidence especially a compound fracture that was non contact. it really shakes you.

I hope he gets the physical part but more importantly I hope he overcomes the mental part in time for camp.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The physical healing is only a part of the process. When you suffer a break like that you need to rebuild your confidence especially a compound fracture that was non contact. it really shakes you.

I hope he gets the physical part but more importantly I hope he overcomes the mental part in time for camp.
It wasn't a compound fracture, so that's one plus. I think it would be worse for Snoddy if it had been contact. Since it wasn't, it's all about him feeling comfortable running again. As a sprinter, I don't think that'll be difficult.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
It wasn't a compound fracture, so that's one plus. I think it would be worse for Snoddy if it had been contact. Since it wasn't, it's all about him feeling comfortable running again. As a sprinter, I don't think that'll be difficult.

You're right, it wasn't compound. However breaking both the way he did is rough. ABacks rely so much on cutting and that's how he broke it, its not just straight line speed. i. Johnson took a year off despite being medically cleared due to the mental aspect of his injury.

I hope he bounces back strong, but after your toes tickle your knee, its hard to come back immediately with faith in that leg. Like others on here said, it'll be great to see him running around in Spring getting back into it...but I'm not holding my breathe that he will be ready to be in taking tosses. I like the optimism though and I hope you're right. I love how that guy runs, he's very fun to watch.