960 The Ref

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
That is beautiful

I thought so as well. I'm always shocked when I meet people that are Tech fans that don't have that hatred for UGA. There are two types of Tech fans: the ones that have suffered and have resigned themselves to losing and tricked themselves into "uga isn't that bad" and "but we're smarter and thats what really matters" or "I root for uga when they aren't playing Tech". then there are the others whos hatred has only deepened every year from abuse. I'm not going to say one is better than the other, but I will say George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and the other patriots who founded our country weren't the first.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
I thought so as well. I'm always shocked when I meet people that are Tech fans that don't have that hatred for UGA. There are two types of Tech fans: the ones that have suffered and have resigned themselves to losing and tricked themselves into "uga isn't that bad" and "but we're smarter and thats what really matters" or "I root for uga when they aren't playing Tech". then there are the others whos hatred has only deepened every year from abuse. I'm not going to say one is better than the other, but I will say George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and the other patriots who founded our country weren't the first.
I recently defriended a guy that I went to high school with and studied with at Tech because I kept seeing uga love in his posts and pictures.... Looked like he sold out to get a chick. Don't want that crap on my facebook wall. I stole one of those uga girls and a hatred for her school still burns bright in my heart. I will never be seen willingly wearing anything with uga logo on it. I hate that school and everything it is about, and I delight in the destruction a loss to Tech does to their fans and program. If they come to Atlanta and get a beat down at the hands of JT and CPJ this year, watch their program implode. It will be glorious!

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
You can count on one thing next year. If the dwag defense gets an opportunity to try to hurt JT, even if it costs them a penalty, they will do it. They know he puts the "zing" in our attack, and they also know that we have a capable back-up, but JT is special. Everyone remembers how they twisted JN's bad ankle, and I put nothing past them. Many of their fans would celebrate this act, if it occurs.

That is true for any player of any team - including teams we go against.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I worked in the cesspool for 10yrs with the gubment.
To this day, I loath going back to that town.
Loath anything ugag has to offer.
My office was formally know as "the hive" due to my decor.
Needless to say the meetings were brief so they didn't have to deal with the yellow jacket pride I have.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
That is true for any player of any team - including teams we go against.

Agree to disagree. Never seen one of our guys twisting someone's ankle in a pile or after a guy was down. If one of our players did one of these despicable acts, I believe Paul would not appreciate it very much. I know as an alum and fan, I would not.

GTFan62

Jolly Good Fellow
Today on 680 The Fan Steak Shapiro wanted people to call in with their worst sports moments. One UGA fan called in and said his was Mark Richt calling for the squib kick in the game against Tech. He was at the game and knew it was a bad call. It's been so much fun hearing these people suffer.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Today on 680 The Fan Steak Shapiro wanted people to call in with their worst sports moments. One UGA fan called in and said his was Mark Richt calling for the squib kick in the game against Tech. He was at the game and knew it was a bad call. It's been so much fun hearing these people suffer.
Squib kicks have just as much a chance of squirting through the first few lines of men as not, that's why coaches do it all the time. If it had worked, Richt would have been praised a conquering hero. Imagine if he had kicked it deep and Golden had returned it to the 40. They'd have tarred and feathered him for that, too.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I own 3 things that say UGA on it.

1) My Degree
2) A liscense plate border with a faded G logo on my car (way under my giant all white GT logo on my back windshield)
3) A shirt that say UGA Alumni

If we talk about pure schools I'll stick up for the program I went through. Anything else? Nah. I don't miss Athens 1 bit.

.....thats a lie I do miss things from Athens. the main being since there's such a high rate of Townies living there after college the fast food job market is flooded with overqualified workers. Having competent people working at subway and the like is amazing. The second thing is the Papa John's there have $4.99 large 1-topping pizzas every Tuesday.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I own 3 things that say UGA on it....

If we talk about pure schools I'll stick up for the program I went through. Anything else? Nah. I don't miss Athens 1 bit.

.....thats a lie I do miss things from Athens. the main being since there's such a high rate of Townies living there after college the fast food job market is flooded with overqualified workers. Having competent people working at subway and the like is amazing. The second thing is the Papa John's there have $4.99 large 1-topping pizzas every Tuesday.
Pizzas aside, any man who won't stick up for his school is kind of ungrateful, no matter the school.