960 The Ref

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I don't know if any of you have ever listened to these guys, but because I work in Athens, and because they mainly talk about college football, this is usually my go to station for my commute. As expected, all of their guys are dwag alumni and their homerism is unreal, but they do have one on air personality they refer to as "Tech Fan Eric." One of the main reasons I like listening is because they HATE us with a passion, especially Jeff Dantzler, one of their afternoon guys. His butthurt for Tech was extremely fun to listen to after COFH. It got even better with the OB win while the dwags had to play in the Charlotte department store bowl. And then it got even better when we got JJ and Marshall. Referring to Marshall signing with Tech, he said "Well good, maybe he and JJ Green can go do some math problems together." He says beating Tech should be the main priority, even if that means going 1-11. Anyways, he was asked today if he thought there was a Clowney type player on Georgia's schedule next season, a player that truly scares him. His response? Justin Thomas.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
... One of the main reasons I like listening is because they HATE us with a passion, especially Jeff Dantzler, one of their afternoon guys. His butthurt for Tech was extremely fun to listen to after COFH. It got even better with the OB win while the dwags had to play in the Charlotte department store bowl....
Are you one of those guys who stays up all night thinking up these one-liners? If so, keep it up.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Anyways, he was asked today if he thought there was a Clowney type player on Georgia's schedule next season, a player that truly scares him. His response? Justin Thomas.
If he really knew our roster he would have replied JHD to that question. Now he's got two guys to fear. lol.

I really think the addition of JHD strengthens our DL exponentially as opposed to additionally. He makes everybody else, and I mean everybody, a bigger threat to the offense.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
You can count on one thing next year. If the dwag defense gets an opportunity to try to hurt JT, even if it costs them a penalty, they will do it. They know he puts the "zing" in our attack, and they also know that we have a capable back-up, but JT is special. Everyone remembers how they twisted JN's bad ankle, and I put nothing past them. Many of their fans would celebrate this act, if it occurs.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Our bigs have GOT to protect JT at all costs, at the first sign of any of that B.S. They need to gang up on and lay the hammer down on the offender and set the tone. F with our qb and your gonna pay in spades!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Our bigs have GOT to protect JT at all costs, at the first sign of any of that B.S. They need to gang up on and lay the hammer down on the offender and set the tone. F with our qb and your gonna pay in spades!
As long as it's done within the framework of legal play, I'm all for it. Answering one cheap shot for another is not the way to do it, imo. Not only because it's wrong, but because you risk losing a valuable player by ejection. Remember, it's usually the second guy that gets caught.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
As long as it's done within the framework of legal play, I'm all for it. Answering one cheap shot for another is not the way to do it, imo. Not only because it's wrong, but because you risk losing a valuable player by ejection. Remember, it's usually the second guy that gets caught.
Shaq Mason was the main guy last year to get in the face of the player that was trying to talk

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
You can count on one thing next year. If the dwag defense gets an opportunity to try to hurt JT, even if it costs them a penalty, they will do it. They know he puts the "zing" in our attack, and they also know that we have a capable back-up, but JT is special. Everyone remembers how they twisted JN's bad ankle, and I put nothing past them. Many of their fans would celebrate this act, if it occurs.
It occurred to me watching the VT tape, when Thomas was nailed OOB, but a hit I couldn't really quibble with it was so close, that he needs to keep his head up and his eyes out there. I'm sure Johnson talks to him about it constantly, that even when he skips out of bounds assume the worst. At some point in his career the frustration of trying to catch up to him will boil over and somebody will chase him down and unload. If it does I agree with UgaBlows: as TW once put it about the yellow shirt in the spring, protect the franchise.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I remember that play, I was so angry! I yelled some not so nice words and that put uga in my least favorite team ever

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

Hell send in a non-valuable player to do it. No matter what they may say i can guarantee you that there is nothing ugag won't do to keep from losing 2iar to us, they will try to take him out if we don't send a message

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I've known Jeff Dantzler a long time. A looooonnnggg time. He's always been a Doggie. But I also like Jeff a lot, despite that.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
I remember that play, I was so angry! I yelled some not so nice words and that put uga in my least favorite team ever

What were they before that play? The hate for UGA should begin with birth, either natural (if you're a Tech family) or rebirth when you're baptized into Tech. As a reddit GT poster once said,

"uga has the love of nearly an entire state, and a big one too. they have consistently some of the best recruiting classes, best facilities, their coach is a devout "christian", their staff is incredibly well paid, huge stadium...but they always have a let down. Why is that? I'll tell you: God hates them. God hates UGa because they're cheaters, they're the philistines, they're goliath, the snake, they're all that is wrong in this world. God uses tools at his disposal to bring down the mighty, to bring them low, their arrogance is their undoing. They violate the laws of men as well as the laws of God. Athens is a den of inequity, Sanford stadium is Satan's *******, the center of it all. If Dante was born today, his rings of hell would be the street grid of athens.

God, nature, will never let UGa be what their fans want. Their success would fly in the face of all that is good and holy, what Jesus died for and promised on the cross.

When uga wins a national champion, Satan has won."

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
What were they before that play? The hate for UGA should begin with birth, either natural (if you're a Tech family) or rebirth when you're baptized into Tech. As a reddit GT poster once said,

"uga has the love of nearly an entire state, and a big one too. they have consistently some of the best recruiting classes, best facilities, their coach is a devout "christian", their staff is incredibly well paid, huge stadium...but they always have a let down. Why is that? I'll tell you: God hates them. God hates UGa because they're cheaters, they're the philistines, they're goliath, the snake, they're all that is wrong in this world. God uses tools at his disposal to bring down the mighty, to bring them low, their arrogance is their undoing. They violate the laws of men as well as the laws of God. Athens is a den of inequity, Sanford stadium is Satan's *******, the center of it all. If Dante was born today, his rings of hell would be the street grid of athens.

God, nature, will never let UGa be what their fans want. Their success would fly in the face of all that is good and holy, what Jesus died for and promised on the cross.

That is beautiful

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

That man is a poet. Quick, let's get him a Peabody Award!

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch

lol, I was talking about all sports teams. Number 1 was duke basketball until that game, now it's uga and will remain uga football