9 teams have not lost a game

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Will we be ranked? I like flying under the radar, but the rankings show how much the "experts" actually know and how hard it is to predict the future.

TechnicalPossum

Ramblin' Wreck
#2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 lost this week. Four of those teams now have two losses and #18 and 19 picked up their first loss. Looking at the ones above us last week with GT at #31, #26, 28, 29, and 30 won. I'd bet on between 20 and 25 for a ranking.

Atomic Jacket

Banned
Will we be ranked? I like flying under the radar, but the rankings show how much the "experts" actually know and how hard it is to predict the future.

This game was a turning point in the season, as I see it. I now see Tech going 9-3, and the ACC Championship Game has come into the picture. On the other hand, it's time to give Virginia some credit. I'm moving Virginia from a Win to a Toss-up.

Wins: none
Toss-ups: Duke, at North Carolina, at Pitt, Virginia, at NC State (I slightly favor Tech in all except Pitt)
Losses: Clemson, at Georgia

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This game was a turning point in the season, as I see it. I now see Tech going 9-3, and the ACC Championship Game has come into the picture. On the other hand, it's time to give Virginia some credit. I'm moving Virginia from a Win to a Toss-up.

Toss-ups: Duke, at North Carolina, at Pitt, Virginia, at NC State (I slightly favor Tech in all except Pitt)
Hey Nos, just go ahead and call 'em all toss ups and be honest with yourself?

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

What is wrong with you?

Gojackets55

Banned

Hahahaha stop predicting games you suck at it

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck

Just... stop. You have lost all credibility with your "predictions".
i8qt1fB.png

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Do I think Atomic has a more pessimistic view than I do? Probably, because I refuse to look at any game as a loss. However, he is not that crazy. Looking at the remaining games as toss ups is not that far off. I would throw UGA and CLEM into that same category, however. Even in his own way, he has admitted to some poor predictions to start the year.

The healthiest, and probably most realistic stance to take is that GT is in for some battles the rest of the way. I see us as favorites in several, but probably not prohibitively so in any. We have won all 5 to this point, but we have holes and cannot overlook ANYBODY. I am proud of what we have accomplished, but those rays of sunshine are not blinding me either. My focus right now, as it is pretty much every week, is finding a way to beat DOOK (the next team). This is a game we are probably favored to win, but we could easily lose. We are not a team with huge margins to offset poor business practices.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Do I think Atomic has a more pessimistic view than I do? Probably, because I refuse to look at any game as a loss. However, he is not that crazy. Looking at the remaining games as toss ups is not that far off. I would throw UGA and CLEM into that same category, however. Even in his own way, he has admitted to some poor predictions to start the year.

The healthiest, and probably most realistic stance to take is that GT is in for some battles the rest of the way. I see us as favorites in several, but probably not prohibitively so in any. We have won all 5 to this point, but we have holes and cannot overlook ANYBODY. I am proud of what we have accomplished, but those rays of sunshine are not blinding me either. My focus right now, as it is pretty much every week, is finding a way to beat DOOK (the next team). This is a game we are probably favored to win, but we could easily lose. We are not a team with huge margins to offset poor business practices.

Boomer I think most of us would agree with what you're saying but absent all but a handful teams what teams can't say this. When I look at Tech's remaining schedule I say that if Tech plays solid fundamental football there should be 4 more wins, NC, NCST, Duke, Pitt and VA. NC has shown zero signs of being close to the team some thought they would be, Duke is at home as is VA, Pitt can't decide what they want to do, the joker is NCST. After giving FSU fits they come back down to earth and get body slammed by Clemson. Then we have Clempson and GA, right now I would say those 2 are losses but I would not say those are games Tech cannot win. I would surprised with a stumble against NC, Pitt or NCST. Not shocked with a loss to Duke or VA but I like Tech's chances at home. And thrilled with a 1-1 vs Clempson and GA. Like it always said, that's why you play the game!

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Boomer I think most of us would agree with what you're saying but absent all but a handful teams what teams can't say this. When I look at Tech's remaining schedule I say that if Tech plays solid fundamental football there should be 4 more wins, NC, NCST, Duke, Pitt and VA. NC has shown zero signs of being close to the team some thought they would be, Duke is at home as is VA, Pitt can't decide what they want to do, the joker is NCST. After giving FSU fits they come back down to earth and get body slammed by Clemson. Then we have Clempson and GA, right now I would say those 2 are losses but I would not say those are games Tech cannot win. I would surprised with a stumble against NC, Pitt or NCST. Not shocked with a loss to Duke or VA but I like Tech's chances at home. And thrilled with a 1-1 vs Clempson and GA. Like it always said, that's why you play the game!
For the 1st time in a while... the schedule actually favors Tech a bit. The rest of our tough games(minus UGag) are at home. Which in my eyes is an advantage to us. The road games are against the bottom of the barrell. NCSt will be a tough matchup for us because its a tough place to play and they are no slouch. Clemson is the only game I see that we will be huge underdogs coming into. Deshaun Watson is the real deal, and our D just isnt to that level quite yet. But im optimistic for the rest of the year for sure.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
For the 1st time in a while... the schedule actually favors Tech a bit. The rest of our tough games(minus UGag) are at home. Which in my eyes is an advantage to us. The road games are against the bottom of the barrell. NCSt will be a tough matchup for us because its a tough place to play and they are no slouch. Clemson is the only game I see that we will be huge underdogs coming into. Deshaun Watson is the real deal, and our D just isnt to that level quite yet. But im optimistic for the rest of the year for sure.

I would estimate that our odds of making it to 9-0 at this point are in excess of 50%. The last 3 games have the potential to be knife fights.

Animal02

Banned

We could lose any game left on the schedule.......none are gimmes.......at the beginning of the year I thought we would lose one out of two in the VT/UM stretch......so glad to be wrong. CPJ's next challenge is keeping the intensity level up through the next 5 games.....he manages that and Clemp comes to town to meet an undefeated Tech. Keeping the intensity up will definitely be a challenge........and keeping them up on the road games especially.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I'm sorry but this ain't your typical Tech team that disappears the week after a big win, this team is focused and hungry and has the will to win!