8/9 Georgia Tech Scrimmage

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Days may be great at blocking as BB for passing. Can you imagine a great blocker there for passing plays!

I think his running has improved during the summer and he can be a good receiver. (I know Days' running improved the last two games of 2013. Go back and watch. He made some good yards). I have some vines up as well.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
If SD plays QB or BB this year we will be in deep doo doo. Looking at the last clip he till has the ball out and away from his body. That's a disaster for fumbling. I think he has value on the outside as a blocker. JMHO.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Synjyn is the C-back of the team.

I can see S Days used situationally at QB on the goal line or in a short term emergency to save a redshirt, but from what I saw of Swilling in the Spring, Martenson, today, and Jordan ahead of both of them, we do not have a depth problem at QB behing Byerly and Thomas. Getting Days ready to play BB if necessary makes sense, especially if the goal is to redshirt Leggett..

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
P1380313.JPG

That is you Cuse, right? Delete post if you don't want your pic up.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Synjyn told me that he was used at BBack for the first time yesterday (if I understood correctly) and then got a bunch of snaps there in the scrimmage. He looked good at it. I think he may have been getting the chance there in part due to what a tough blocker he is. One play he immediately ran in for a blocking assignment from the bback position and did get hammered, although his guy didn't get past him afterward. But he got smacked hard and bounced back pretty quick. He is a really tough player and easy to root for with the obvious effort he puts in to each play.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
My brother and I also put Roddy to the test by having him provide an answer to a question on a specific offensive situation where we wondered if the QB would have an option to throw the ball away or not (according to the rules). He both educated us and showed his chops at some quick analysis.

Also this is a pic of some amusing interaction between Shamire Devine and a young fan. After getting to hold his helmet and check out how big and heavy it was the dad asked Shamire to pose for a pic with his son by lining up. I didn't quite catch the kid in position but when asked what he would do if he lined up and saw Shamire facing him like that the boy said "run straight off the field." This kid is already smart enough to go to Tech! Those are a couple of anecdotes showing the calibre of young men, as student-athletes, that Tech is blessed with.

P1380289.JPG

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
My brother and I also put Roddy to the test by having him provide an answer to a question on a specific offensive situation where we wondered if the QB would have an option to throw the ball away or not (according to the rules). He both educated us and showed his chops at some quick analysis.

Also this is a pic of some amusing interaction between Shamire Devine and a young fan. After getting to hold his helmet and check out how big and heavy it was the dad asked Shamire to pose for a pic with his son by lining up. I didn't quite catch the kid in position but when asked what he would do if he lined up and saw Shamire facing him like that the boy said "run straight off the field." This kid is already smart enough to go to Tech! Those are a couple of anecdotes showing the calibre of young men, as student-athletes, that Tech is blessed with.

View attachment 320
Devine is a monster. Pancakes will be on his menu in the near future

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I had a hard time reading the blue jersery numbers, especially when they were pulled up under the arm pit like many were. Since the havoc was coming from the LB location, I thought it was Hankins (33). Other posters have indicated Noble (23) was causing all the havoc and a couple of big hits. One of them, probably Noble, was playing all out with great effort and deserves due credit. I thought the D as a whole played very aggressively and put some big hits on the O. We have very good LB skills and depth and Roof seems to be using the LBs well.
A flaw with the D seems to be the lack of someone in the deep middle when someone does break loose (like Laskey in Spring game and Byerly today). I would prefer one of the three DBs to play centerfield and the other two more aggressively play the run. IMO CB play was good.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I couldn't go! I know, you're all speechless with grief.

A question for Eric: you gave us a list of frosh that you expected to play. Did any of them (besides CJ) show anything of note today?