5 guys you will be watching close in Spring Practice?

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
1. JHD (gotta feel like he'd just be icing on the cake. Can't count him in yet, but would be nice.)
2. Searcy (a faster RG here?)
3. Summers (can he be the #1?)
4. Harrell (could be huge playmaker)
5. CJ (fingers crossed that he balls out, nails down the job, and runs like he did in the dome a couple years ago when I fell in love with him)

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
This is the fun thing about college football...the names on the back of the jerseys change every year, but the name on the front stays the same. It's fun watching guys get recruited and observing their development the next 4-5 years. Not everyone develops like we hope, at the same time others come in and surprise us to become great players.

Always something to look forward to every year for each fan.
After this offseason, you could say the same about the NFL.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I think Joe sticks outside and Brown inside battling Devine... I've rarely heard our coaches rave about anyone like they do Brown..and we know the Potential Devine has.

I always hear that it is brown vs Devine for the last G spot. What is the chance they both live up to their potential and they are the two starting G?

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
I will be watching positions rather than players;

OFFENSE

QB - I want to see the backups show they're ready to play in case Justin gets nicked up for a few series.

A-Backs - are they blocking on the edge, keeping up with Justin on the jet sweeps, able to catch passes, etc.

B-Backs - are they comfortable with the mesh plays, are they secure with the ball in their hands, can they catch passes, etc.

WR's - are they blocking on the edge, running crisp routes, able to catch passes, etc.

Offensive Line - I'm interested in seeing who'll replace Shaq Mason (Devine, Brown, etc) and who else will step up with players leaving.

DEFENSE

D-Line - I want to see Whitehead and Jabari step up and DOMINATE beside Adam G. and Freeman (and both be eligible next Fall).

LB's - I want to see agressiveness and constency

DB's - I want to see someone step in for Johnson and take the Saftey position like he owns it, and the rest of the DB's (including the backups) play like their hair is on fire.

Special Teams - I want them to get off their behinds and figure out how to play better returning kicks/punts and stopping kicks/punts. Whether it be putting more starters on the team, or better athletes, the Jackets HAVE to do a better job on Special Teams in 2015.

Jacketfish

Jolly Good Fellow
I will be curious to see how the '14 foursome have developed. The EE roomies....Keyshun, Qua, Mathew Jordan and Tre' J. Toss CJ into that group and think not only this spring and fall, but also '16, '17 and '18.

I'm pretty sure Step Durham was the other EE, not Qua.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
1. Jabari
2. Jeune
3. Jabari
4. Devine
5. Jabari

This is an 8.5 win team with this schedule. If Jabari is a stud it takes us to 9.5/10 win team.
I hope you're right. I see 7 wins -- if we don't have another of those annual, cover your eyes and start the bus exhibitions -- with another two that are kind of "we should" and if we pull all that off, then steal one and get to 10. With this schedule, take it and run. Which of course is how we hope to take it.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I hope you're right. I see 7 wins -- if we don't have another of those annual, cover your eyes and start the bus exhibitions -- with another two that are kind of "we should" and if we pull all that off, then steal one and get to 10. With this schedule, take it and run. Which of course is how we hope to take it.

So last season was an anomaly in your eyes?
A lot of faith in teams who have waaayyy more issues than we do especially at the QB position. This is a 9-10 win regardless of schedule imo.

Back to the topic.

1. Jabari - the craziest 298lbs I've have seen. Built similar to Mario Edwards of FSU. Will his transition take us to the next level

2a- 2b. CJ & Quaide - whoever can hold onto the ball will start

3. Brown- is his play bigger than his hype?

4. Chris Milton - will he limit the number of big plays and take advantage of the extra throws coming his way due DJ being on the the other side.

5. WR.- who will emerge as that go guy when a play is needed

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I like the original five, excepting Michael Summers for Ricky Jeune because we need to solidify a go-to guy. Smelter was one, then Waller when he got hurt in the Mutt game.

GT_Johnnybodkin

Jolly Good Fellow
1. JHD- Does he take our DL to the next level?
2. CJ Leggett- he's got a year in the offense and tree-trunk legs- will there be a drop off at the BB position?
3. Qua Searcy at the A-back position as we're thin
4. Ricky Jeune- we already know what Michael Summers can do
5. Tyler Marcordes- How does the OLB position fair with the loss of Nealy?