5 guys you will be watching close in Spring Practice?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
1. Jabari...does he live up to the hype? Could be a BIG piece to our D if he's as good as CPJ and our OL have been raving about.
2. Matthew Jordan. Unless we sign a stud QB in 2016, MJ is the favorite to be QB1 in 2017. I think Campbell moves before it's all said and done.
3. CJ Leggett/QW. Probably or BB combo for 2015 unless Marcus Marshall and/or MLD comes in like gang busters during the fall.
4. Harland Howell. Could see him and Philpott getting early playing time...but Philpott doesn't come until the fall.
5. Searcy. Still think he should be a DB, but he's phenomenally athletic and quick, and could another game changer at AB. AB will be thin for the spring.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
The Justin Thomas-Ricky Jeune chemistry
The Justin Thomas-CJ Leggett chemistry

^^^These 2 things will be key to our success on offense. I think we know what we have with our O-Line already despite losing Shaq.

Jabari Hunt and Keshun Freeman on D. I'm really interested in the development of Keshun on defense.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
1. Leggett - the (current) future at BB...how well does he handle the mesh?
2. Searcy - I think he can be a game changer at AB, this is a great chance for him to shine while Snoddy heals up
3. Whitehead - hope he lives up to the hype as a pass rusher
4. Harrell - he seems like a very good compliment to PJ at backer, hope he's back at full strength
5. WR - can't single one guy out here. Who steps up to be "the man" this year?

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
1. Whitehead
2. Searcy
3. Leggett
4. Devine
5. Kallon

That was brutal to just pick these. Check back with me in just 5 minutes and I'll bet my "5" would be different.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
Just watching two. Not sure if JT is a real div 1 qb. You know I walked by him and he is only about 5'9" . Also, can Devine gain enough weight to actually be able to fend off those big DT's.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
good five eric...I would add whitehead for passing downs

Curious, do they slide Joe inside and start Griffin at OT?
Or put devine inside and keep joe outside with brown battling for the inside? I think this battle will be fun to see how it shakes out on the OL. So that will be fun to see develop.

At S, Corey Griffin, vs Noble, vs Demond vs Marvin vs Jalen Johnson (is he a S now?) Seems to me this position could be changed up or a battle.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
good five eric...I would add whitehead for passing downs

Curious, do they slide Joe inside and start Griffin at OT?
Or put devine inside and keep joe outside with brown battling for the inside? I think this battle will be fun to see how it shakes out on the OL. So that will be fun to see develop.

At S, Corey Griffin, vs Noble, vs Demond vs Marvin vs Jalen Johnson (is he a S now?) Seems to me this position could be changed up or a battle.

I think Joe sticks outside and Brown inside battling Devine... I've rarely heard our coaches rave about anyone like they do Brown..and we know the Potential Devine has.

Joe vs Griffin is a good battle at T...how weird is it that we are comfortable with Chamberlain at T now? When last year so Spring we were worried about him.

Also the center position will be interesting...I know Burden has him arm in a cast and Marshall is rumored to be as well but I can't confirm his.

At S...Yeah Jalen is at S. He's been there since he got to Tech..his knee is 100% healed and he's ready to go.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This is the fun thing about college football...the names on the back of the jerseys change every year, but the name on the front stays the same. It's fun watching guys get recruited and observing their development the next 4-5 years. Not everyone develops like we hope, at the same time others come in and surprise us to become great players.

Always something to look forward to every year for each fan.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Lack of AB depth for the Spring Game could be a blessing in disguise in that we likely will see a lot of Lynch, Willis, Searcy, (Green for 2016), and McClellan to find out who might really contribute in the coming season. And at BB we should get a good look at Quade, Braswell, and Swilling. We finally have enough depth elsewhere to have a really competitive game. Looking forward to it. My five are Quade, Searcy, Lynch, Willis, and Martensen (who I think is a legit future backup).

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If you make me pick five then I will have to assume that Devine, Brown and Leggett are all on track to do what we think they can do. That leaves the following five who are the most intriguing to watch in terms of development to the next level:

1. Kenarius Whitehead
2. Jabari Hunt-Days
3. Francis Kallon
4. Qua Searcy
5. Lance Austin