4th and forever...

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Anyone who would have even attempted to blame a potential loss that game on JT would have a 15 paragraph reply of insults by me in return. The absolute worst call I have ever seen during a Georgia Tech football game.
The lack forward progress fumble call at the goal-line against uga is the absolute worst call ever since they have had official replay.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
The lack forward progress fumble call at the goal-line against uga is the absolute worst call ever since they have had official replay.
I also thought that the call where JT fumbled on the pump fake was bull**** too. His arm was clearly going forward, even though he was going to tuck it, and it should have been called an intentional grounding at worst.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The Duke run this year was impressive but the fact that a Duke lineman was in on the tackle 40 yards downfield on that play was even more impressive to me.
The run to set up the field goal against the mutts was I think the most important because of the HUGE fumbles attributed to him earlier. If we had lost the game, many would have attributed it to him. That could have had a negative impact on his confidence.
I would have attributed that loss to UGA (if it happened) to the refs who allowed a pile up on the 1 yard line go for about 8 seconds with no whistle.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
That is why JT is definitely the best QB in the Paul Johnson era. He will be missed.
BINGO, a winner.
I'm not sure how many understand how "QB intensive" this Offense is.Every play he has to take a direct snap and make a decision INSTANTLY with the bback.Then he has to possibly option AGAIN .Oh yeah,he maybe gets hit EVEN IF if he gives it to the bback OR the aback.(also forgot about learning how to pitch--with EITHER hand). Or- he has to retreat to pass very FAST(since he didn't take a long snap) because unlike a lot of other Offenses he doesn't have a 240 lb TE to stay in to block on one side. Also, since you don't pass much it is that much harder to "get in your groove" on your passes.
To have a guy that can handle such a variety of operations is unusual.To do it well is amazing, really. Yes, we will miss that guy.

I also thought that the call where JT fumbled on the pump fake was bull**** too. His arm was clearly going forward, even though he was going to tuck it, and it should have been called an intentional grounding at worst.
Really should have been called an incomplete forward pass. I don't think he ever had any intention of throwing it, but his arm WAS in motion.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

I can live with that call. It's the non-whistle at the goal line that still drives me batty. Almost as bad as that time the Clemson DL intercepted the snap on the goal line and no one whistled encroachment...

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I can live with that call. It's the non-whistle at the goal line that still drives me batty. Almost as bad as that time the Clemson DL intercepted the snap on the goal line and no one whistled encroachment...
I can live with it too since we won, but we were already in field goal range and would have been able to eat more clock and ice the game right there. The game turned out Ok though ;)(y)