4 More Staffers announced

MidtownJacket

Staff member
This has me jumping boys and girls. Most of you known I have been a huge supporter of CPJ and the TO, I was hoping to poach Monken to keep it rolling. We didn't and so I have focused on finding the positives under CGC. He started well with his inital presser and now the hires he and ADTS are making have me getting really excited.

We have long discussed the specturm of recruit ranking v scheme and have gone to the far other end of where we were. I think we will be pulling better ranked recruits for sure with this staff. I am hopeful that we can organize a RPO type scheme around the current roster, and move into the next level.

Optimism abounds.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This has me jumping boys and girls. Most of you known I have been a huge supporter of CPJ and the TO, I was hoping to poach Monken to keep it rolling. We didn't and so I have focused on finding the positives under CGC. He started well with his inital presser and now the hires he and ADTS are making have me getting really excited.

We have long discussed the specturm of recruit ranking v scheme and have gone to the far other end of where we were. I think we will be pulling better ranked recruits for sure with this staff. I am hopeful that we can organize a RPO type scheme around the current roster, and move into the next level??,

Optimism abounds.

Add a great qb (they usually are quite smart) and one NFL type wr to our mix and .... optimism explodes.

This reminds me of investing in drilling programs- all $$$$$$$ to be confirmed in the next well $$. We will see. When it hits u risk it all $$$$$$$$ and hit 0$.
Just beat the hell out of Duke and stop spending

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member

https://ramblinwreck.com/four-more-staffers-join-georgia-tech-football/

Setting up for coach Key as OLine coach and assistant OC. To say im pumped is an understatement.

I think it's really interesting that OLB's and DE's are under one position coach. Usually you see DE's and DT's under one DL coach. You might have OLB's and ILB's having one coach or being separated with two coaches (more with the 3-4 type defense though). But, I don't ever remember seeing DE's and OLB's together before. I like it; it's intriguing about what these positions will be doing that make their fundamental work more similar than DE's and DT's. My guess is lots of zone-blitz, attack stuff that would cause the OLB's and DE's to switch responsibilities in rush/coverage. This also means that DT's will have their own position coach by themselves. Very interested to see what kind of defense we play.

slugboy

Staff member
I think it's really interesting that OLB's and DE's are under one position coach. Usually you see DE's and DT's under one DL coach. You might have OLB's and ILB's having one coach or being separated with two coaches (more with the 3-4 type defense though). But, I don't ever remember seeing DE's and OLB's together before. I like it; it's intriguing about what these positions will be doing that make their fundamental work more similar than DE's and DT's. My guess is lots of zone-blitz, attack stuff that would cause the OLB's and DE's to switch responsibilities in rush/coverage. This also means that DT's will have their own position coach by themselves. Very interested to see what kind of defense we play.

In Collins’ defense, they seem work together a lot. The DE will line up to pull blockers away from the OLB, or the other way around. Interesting that we treat them as a unit.

In a 4-3, we only have one ILB, and one coach for one position is a lot. Maybe they work with the DT and NT?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
In Collins’ defense, they seem work together a lot. The DE will line up to pull blockers away from the OLB, or the other way around. Interesting that we treat them as a unit.

In a 4-3, we only have one ILB, and one coach for one position is a lot. Maybe they work with the DT and NT?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My guess is there will be overlap as is with other staffs... i.e. DL coach with both DTs and DEs, LB coach with both ILBs and OLBs, while Knight with specifically the DEs and OLBs.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Well with players being cross trained for multiple positions on D...and both sides of the ball as well as special teams....I’d suspect they will be coaching more guys than what are just listed as their position groups.