4 More Staffers announced

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Forgive my ignorance but what is Director of Applied Science? Is this the guy analyzing the microchip data on the players or is he another guy looking for tendencies/trends? I like it whatever it is, more staff the better.
It's my understanding that this is a Director of Science that has been applied , if we run into a spot where some science has not been applied he would not over see that area. Hence we would need to go back to the AD and hire a Director of unapplied science. Thus we would need to raise ticket prices.
I really have no idea but I need more beer. ( or it could be he has the pictures of CGC)

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Forgive my ignorance but what is Director of Applied Science? Is this the guy analyzing the microchip data on the players or is he another guy looking for tendencies/trends? I like it whatever it is, more staff the better.
sirmove.0.0.gif

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I am thrilled about Panagos and Knight. Panagos comes highly recommended to me by someone in the college coaching world I trust implicitly and I really like Knight’s background as both a recruiter and position coach.

I don’t have any impressions yet of the other two guys as I have done zero research on them so please don’t take my non-mention of them as a judgment. I have no info yet upon which to base any opinio.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I mean, no one thought to click the link for the guy's background?

In his role, Horton will assist head football strength and conditioning coach Lewis Caralla in applying scientific and innovative methods to the Yellow Jackets’ strength-and-conditioning program. He spent the past two seasons at Temple as assistant strength and conditioning coach.

“Player development and player safety are the top two principles of our program and Ryan did a masterful job of implementing and monitoring those initiatives at Temple,” Collins said about Horton. “I’m excited for him to work with our student-athletes on The Flats.”

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer

In his role, Horton will assist head football strength and conditioning coach Lewis Caralla in applying scientific and innovative methods to the Yellow Jackets’ strength-and-conditioning program. He spent the past two seasons at Temple as assistant strength and conditioning coach.

“Player development and player safety are the top two principles of our program and Ryan did a masterful job of implementing and monitoring those initiatives at Temple,” Collins said about Horton. “I’m excited for him to work with our student-athletes on The Flats.”
Soooooo … I guess he'll keep up with what the guy at Stanford is doing and pass it along. Ok, but I would have thought that would be the S&C coach's job.

But whatever floats Coach's boat at this stage; give him what he says he needs. The other hires look just fine, btw.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

This is something that TStan has been alluding to, recently. Innovating with cutting edge science when it comes to conditioning, nutrition, etc.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
This is something that TStan has been alluding to, recently. Innovating with cutting edge science when it comes to conditioning, nutrition, etc.

I love love love that. Even if results are the same, marking us as an innovator in this area is a huge sell. And I'd imagine one thing we could really do is impact injury potential which is huge. That should matter a lot to NFL prospects. Beyond that, there are so many stories of kids being pushed or frankly abused in the S&C area that doesn't make scientific sense to improve their bodies. People need adequate rest to maximize gains and good form to minimize injuries. Getting away from the tough guy play through the pain go for max rep even though it's meaningless with improper form BS is huge. Mind you, I haven't heard this from the S&C staff we have here, but it doesn't mean we can't improve. From what Will's dad has said here nutrition is what has been most lacking recently.

I also expect there are better ways to evaluate what matters to football athleticism then current combine tests . I'd hope we could scientifically identify the most important things to evaluate prospects and develop in players, especially if it's stuff that other teams aren't looking for and thus missing on underrated prospects.

stech81

Helluva Engineer

If you are going to bring in real fact how are we going to argue ? :)

nod

Ramblin' Wreck

He’ the guy that’s going to clone Calvin Johnson, Joey Hamilton, Eddy Lee Ivory, and Lucius Sanford...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk