4 Games 19 Days?????

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Listen, I think that GT vs Clem's Son is a great game and I am going to be there regardless.

My thought is that scheduling this game 4 days after a FBS opponent is not the best thing for GT football. That thought in no way diminishes the capabilities of the fine young men on the team. However, I find it interesting that there are lots of folks who spill so many electrons kvetching about the disadvantage an "R" on a uniform shirt has, will let this scheduling - something that should be easily manageable - just get a pass.

Besides, it's the off season, dadgummit, we are supposed to kvetch about everything.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
.... to the schedule ..... Doesn't the AD have to agree with the schedule? That was my assumption based on memory.

FSU was a once in a 100 game event which I loved. Glad we won it on a miracle play or we would have been 2-10.
Top 10 teams on homecoming = easy win :D
Just don't give us BYU again

.... to the schedule ..... Doesn't the AD have to agree with the schedule? That was my assumption based on memory.

FSU was a once in a 100 game event which I loved. Glad we won it on a miracle play or we would have been 2-10.
I don't think there's much he could do if he didn't agree with it. ACC scheduling is done by the ACC, and it's pretty much a take it or leave it kind of thing.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
to hell with the entire state of michigan.

Must be from ohio. Imo, borders between Yankee states are more meaningless than our Southern border under Pres Obama. ... Eeeeyyyooo!!!!

(Or not, dumb joke not politically serious, ... except the Yankee part)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Because of this thread I asked MBob today how much influence schools and GT have re: ACC schedule. He confirmed "virtually none".

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Must be from ohio. Imo, borders between Yankee states are more meaningless than our Southern border under Pres Obama. ... Eeeeyyyooo!!!!

(Or not, dumb joke not politically serious, ... except the Yankee part)
Could be, on the other hand, Woody Hayes once had his car pushed across the state line so he would not have to buy gas in Michigan. I once saw a bumper sticker on a car with Michigan plates that went like this: "OHHOWIHATEOHIOSTATE"

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Let's not sleep on Vandy. Most people are giving us an automatic W. I can see that game being extremely tough. If we come in expecting to win the game they could steal one. They have a solid defense and play physically. We can't look ahead to Clemson.