4 Games 19 Days?????

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
One that spent too much time watching this guy:
selby3.jpg

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Does Mercer count?
Imo we have a good schedule till all the road games in nov.
We will know what we are after gsu. We could be riding high.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Should be; what AD agreed to two FBS games with only 4 days in between, rather than the usual 6.

While Vandy is not historically a powerhouse, having only 4 days to prepare for Clemson is somewhat ridiculous.

GTOXAN2K11

Georgia Tech Fan
It is nice that we have 4 home games in a row after coming back from Ireland. Should help alleviate any jet lag issues

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
We'll beat Clemson. We own then in ATL. Plus I'm coming from Michigan for the game so we better fu$&inf beat them.

I'd like some of that kool-aid. Clemson is a different team now and the only team last year that truly took us to the woodshed. I don't see us beating them if Watson is healthy.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Ok, I see what everyone is saying about the Tiggers. And …

I heard exactly the same thing in 2011. I mean exactly.

We beat them then; we can beat them now. As to another level … piffle. We will match up pretty well this year, barring injury. They lost a lot, especially on D. True, they do have Watson and he might be the only QB in the conference who could best JT if they are both having a good day. But we can make his day more difficult and I expect we will. I know from experience how much their hearts sink when they see that big national championship banner over the entrance that reads, "Welcome Back To Atlanta" at the bottom. We can take these people.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Hi everyone! Did I miss anything in the offseason?

Ok, I see what everyone is saying about the Tiggers. And …

I heard exactly the same thing in 2011. I mean exactly. We beat them then; we can beat them now.

This. Anything can happen. Sledgehammer time. I really hope we can see some explosiveness on offense this year with all that raw talent since we were decimated by injury last year.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I realize Clemson is better than they have been, but I'm not sure they are the world beaters some of you are making them out to be. Do you honestly think they are that much better than they were in 2011 (Boyd, Watkins, Hopkins, Ellington)? I don't think there is that big of a separation in talent, if any, between today's team, and the 2011 team, or even the 2014 team. If we're healthy, and play mistake free football, we win.

Scubapro

Banned
I am glad some of the folks on this board don't suit up for the Jackets.
I agree with Monroe...we can and we have beaten these jokers and I think we will have their number this year. They usually come into Atlanta over confident. I like our chances.
The one key we must do in order to win is jam their receivers. Most of their passing is based on timing and smashing the receiver at the line of scrimmage throws off their rhythm. This is about the only good thing Groh did during his time here was understand and implement this tactic against Clemson.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Clemson style of play will always give us chance
Clemson now actually has a really good defense which makes beating them much more difficult.

Bingo. Clemson always had great individuals on defense but they are finally playing great team defense. With all the talent they lost last season, I would have never thought they would actually get even better. The same scenario is in place this season, we'll see if it is anomaly or start of something we may hate facing yearly

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I believe Clemson also has the same number of days to prepare for us.
I believe that after auburn who is a dumpster fire Clemson has very easy games before gt.
After clemson at home we play at home against miami. They have nothing but easy games before us and then fsu.

Do we dare to dream.