3 temple players drafted

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Wasnt Collins only at Temple for two years? If so unless tbe kids left early be did not recruit them. Just sayin'.
One more time for the people in the back. 5 UF players drafted this weekend. Per 247, two of those specifically list CGC as a recruiter. A third has Kerry Dixon. “Just sayin’...” ...if you wanna cherry pick.
He got Rock as a transfer. He developed all of them, though. Give him partial credit. Temple's best recruits are probably low 3 stars, anyway, under any coach.
Correct.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Let’s hope he can get some of the current players drafted. I think a good number of them have the potential but will they get the numbers and level of exposure needed to get on the radar.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Carpenter, Thomas, Tre Swilling, Camp, Davis (TE Transfer) are all guys who could be drafted in the next two years. Campbell, Bruce Swilling, Southers are others who could as well.
Not sold on Tre Swilling yet. He's been burned too many times for my taste. Maybe that's youth, maybe that's scheme, maybe..., maybe...., but I'm looking to see QB's stop throwing his way. He and Simmons seemed to be continually picked on last year.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Not sold on Tre Swilling yet. He's been burned too many times for my taste. Maybe that's youth, maybe that's scheme, maybe..., maybe...., but I'm looking to see QB's stop throwing his way. He and Simmons seemed to be continually picked on last year.
I disagree, Swilling gave up some stuff but a lot of it was a product of what he was being taught and because of coverage schemes imo. Swilling looked really good at times last year as well. CGC should get him right and playing a lot of press coverage is going to be good for him. @Ibeeballin can probably give some info on his thoughts?

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I'm hoping it's just experience. I recall at least one time that the coaches called him out as a standout in spring practice, so maybe he just needs some time. We can speculate all we want about CGC's ability to take us to the promised land, but it's hard to argue about his success with DBs through the years. I have hope.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
But Temple couldn’t beat the Tech measuring bar program of Duke..........just sayin.

Next players drafted will be CPJ recruits. CGC won’t have any draftee for 3 more years.
Development, guys that haven’t done much the past few years and then start showing out (if that happens) is a testament to CGC and staff developing and putting them in the right place imo.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Development, guys that haven’t done much the past few years and then start showing out (if that happens) is a testament to CGC and staff developing and putting them in the right place imo.

Yes. Like moving Tony Hollings to RB.

I’ll give CGC the lion share of credit for any big time playmaker in the front 7 on D. Ditto Oline and WR if big time playmakers emerge there.

There are several we know that have strong potential. Guys like Juanyeh will show well in any program imo.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I disagree, Swilling gave up some stuff but a lot of it was a product of what he was being taught and because of coverage schemes imo. Swilling looked really good at times last year as well. CGC should get him right and playing a lot of press coverage is going to be good for him. @Ibeeballin can probably give some info on his thoughts?
I hope so. I really like him. I think he has huge heart and is a true Tech Man. Just not sure I see "draft" yet. I've hate read and react. As a corner when I played, that passive defensive scheme made our job that much more difficult, and that was in HS. Can't imagine it being easier in college.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

That may have been the other spot. Kerr and Lamont Simmons getting burned. TS3 biggest issue he gets a bit lazy with his technique and is tad bit stiff when opening his hips up but i rarely remember him getting beat

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
That may have been the other spot. Kerr and Lamont Simmons getting burned. TS3 biggest issue he gets a bit lazy with his technique and is tad bit stiff when opening his hips up but i rarely remember him getting beat
It may be perception, for sure. I know Simmons was continually picked on. I can easily believe what I saw as being a little bit lazy in technique. But I hate the schemes they were forced to run in the backfield. He also seems a step slower than the elite WR. When that's the case, you're forced to be strong in technique or can be made to look bad.

No one's pulling for this kid more than me. Also, we only see when the QB throws that way. All the times the throws go somewhere else, we don't get to see the lock-down technique.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
It may be perception, for sure. I know Simmons was continually picked on. I can easily believe what I saw as being a little bit lazy in technique. But I hate the schemes they were forced to run in the backfield. He also seems a step slower than the elite WR. When that's the case, you're forced to be strong in technique or can be made to look bad.

No one's pulling for this kid more than me. Also, we only see when the QB throws that way. All the times the throws go somewhere else, we don't get to see the lock-down technique.

With a good year i don’t think he’s back in 2020

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Tre only got beat Man to Man a couple of times, a lot of it was Tampa 2 where Tre had to defend the flat and the OLB is supposed to take anything vertical but for some reason Woodys Tampa 2 was so soft and Tre was 10 yards off the Ball so he would give up the flat and have to take the LBs Zone after they got Burnt.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
But Temple couldn’t beat the Tech measuring bar program of Duke..........just sayin.

Next players drafted will be CPJ recruits. CGC won’t have any draftee for 3 more years.
Seems like your are saying coaches don't develope the NFL talent they just recruit the players that self assemble and then to NFL.

The grad transfer TE that was recruited to ga tech by cgc could go to NFL ( Harvard has 4 iirc) because he will get a ton of passes in our first year running this offense.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I’m not sold on either Swilling at this point. Wish we still had the Roof kid.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Seems like your are saying coaches don't develope the NFL talent they just recruit the players that self assemble and then to NFL.

The grad transfer TE that was recruited to ga tech by cgc could go to NFL ( Harvard has 4 iirc) because he will get a ton of passes in our first year running this offense.

You mostly screwed up from jump at “seems like.” ;)