3 temple players drafted

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I’m not sure what’s the point of this. I hope CGC gets GT to winning more football games than we have been cause that’s what I care about. Gailey got players drafted all the time and most of us rejoiced when he was canned.

Putting players in the NFL is important for recruiting and program prestige. Who doesn't get a sense of pride seeing Calvin Johnson back on the flats?

Teams with future pros also win more. CPJ wasn't an exception to that, either. The 2009 and 2014 teams had a bunch of guys drafted. Last two years? None. And it showed in wins and losses.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Putting players in the NFL is important for recruiting and program prestige. Who doesn't get a sense of pride seeing Calvin Johnson back on the flats?

Teams with future pros also win more. CPJ wasn't an exception to that, either. The 2009 and 2014 teams had a bunch of guys drafted. Last two years? None. And it showed in wins and losses.
Chan put guys in the league and he could hardly break the 7 win mark. UNC consistently puts guys in the league and they have stunk the past couple of years. Tennessee says hello as well.

Make no mistake about it, I hope we put a bunch of guys in the league but that doesn’t automatically equate to having a really good college team.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Chan put guys in the league and he could hardly break the 7 win mark. UNC consistently puts guys in the league and they have stunk the past couple of years. Tennessee says hello as well.

Make no mistake about it, I hope we put a bunch of guys in the league but that doesn’t automatically equate to having a really good college team.

Fair to say getting players drafted doesn't guarantee wins, but not getting any guarantees mediocrity is your ceiling, not your floor. Lets develop players for the pros and win a lot, too.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer

This is absolutely true.

The better coaches know how to maximize the level of talent on hand. The mediocre coaches don’t.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Carpenter, Thomas, Tre Swilling, Camp, Davis (TE Transfer) are all guys who could be drafted in the next two years. Campbell, Bruce Swilling, Southers are others who could as well.