27-6

buzzn

Georgia Tech Fan
Both streak kills (and the streaks themselves) are great sports trivia answers. I wish I could find a sports book willing to give the 10 points you're giving. I'd load up on that. Most other Irish fans seem a little more concerned after the loss of Zaire.

I will but I doubt that will be necessary. GT will be a very tough game for us mostly because of the novelty of the offense. We've been practicing defending it since the spring so we should be prepared. I expect a fairly close game: ND 34-GT24
No you won't. You're about to be spanked like you haven't been spanked since Gerry Faust paced the sidelines. It will all become clear to you Saturday night that Manti Teo was you last claim to fame. Who plays when Kizer is carted off?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Tech had a 31 game winning streak broken at South Bend in 1953. That one really hurt. The pain lingers to this day. :inpain:

wow. I have utmost respect for anyone who is still hanging around who remembers that game. I am getting into my "autumn years" as a Hallmark card might say and the one major thing left on my bucket list is to get really old. I want to see three GT NC's in my lifetime (as long as I'm not wearing diapers for the 3rd one).

Irish Jacky

Georgia Tech Fan
Both streak kills (and the streaks themselves) are great sports trivia answers. I wish I could find a sports book willing to give the 10 points you're giving. I'd load up on that. Most other Irish fans seem a little more concerned after the loss of Zaire.

Our fans completely underestimate the skill of DeShone Kizer who will replace Malik Zaire on Saturday. My Lord, could he have entered his first game under any more pressure in C'ville last Saturday? Still, he went 8 for 12 and threw a PERFECT 40 yd TD pass for the win with 12 seconds to go. He's also 6' 4.5" and 230. Think a faster Cardale Jones with a brain. According to his HS coach he was a virtual "Joe Montana in the Cotton Bowl vs. Houston" during his HS career. He's a much better player than you folks are expecting.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Our fans completely underestimate the skill of DeShone Kizer who will replace Malik Zaire on Saturday. My Lord, could he have entered his first game under any more pressure in C'ville last Saturday? Still, he went 8 for 12 and threw a PERFECT 40 yd TD pass for the win with 12 seconds to go. He's also 6' 4.5" and 230. Think a faster Cardale Jones with a brain. According to his HS coach he was a virtual "Joe Montana in the Cotton Bowl vs. Houston" during his HS career. He's a much better player than you folks are expecting.

I wonder how long he and the offense will be on the field?

Tulane would have beaten Virginia. Put down the pipe. Las Vegas would not agree with the Montana reference. Unless you mean Tony Montana.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
I will but I doubt that will be necessary. GT will be a very tough game for us mostly because of the novelty of the offense. We've been practicing defending it since the spring so we should be prepared. I expect a fairly close game: ND 34-GT24
What is so novel about a simple little high school offense? No preparation is even needed. Big, fast, and smart is all it takes to stop it, so no worries. You guys ought to give your first team the rest of the week off and just let your subs play the game. :cigar:

Your problem is that he doesn't play defense

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I think Notre Dame is a really good team, and I think that QB will cause problems for us, but I don't see you guys being able to stop us. That puts a lot of pressure on a guy making his first full start, and he will probably make a mistake or two if we can get some pressure on him. I think it will be close until we pull away a little in the second half. We will wear your defense down until they virtually give up. I think we'll score at least 42 and I say we win 42-27. It'll be a fun one.

kyle.smith828

Jolly Good Fellow

Lol. Good luck on the 24. I think.GT is going to open some eyes nationally, bc were a lot better than what were given credit for. It can happen but ill be absolutely.shocked it we only.score.24

buzzn

Georgia Tech Fan
Good to know. Thanks! I agree that it says a lot about the young man to come into that situation and throw a game winner.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
With the exception of the game winner in which the UVA corner was beat so bad he must have slipped or something, Kizer was 8 for 12 throwing a bunch of short outs and screens, should have thrown 2 picks, stared down his 1st option, and looked like Bambi in headlights. Our d-backs are trained to cover receivers longer than Tenuta's.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Hasn't this been fun!

We get a visitor, treat him with predictable Southern hospitality, trade some technical information and stats from the two programs, and offer to be godparents to each others grandchildren. Don't you love social media?

It feels like we starting to generate some real energy for this game and it is only Tuesday.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Unless you've got a front 7 absolutely loaded with stud, future NFL picks then i don't see you holding GT to 24