2024 Opponent News & Notes

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
You and @forensicbuzz are not wrong about what needs to happen for us and the ACC.

However, I was responding to the comment that 6 of the top 7 teams in the current poll are SEC. They’re all still undefeated and will likely stay that way until they start playing each other. By that point they may have enough ranking momentum to stay in the top 12 even after a loss. And if the loss is to another top 7 SEC team late in the year, they won’t drop much if it's close.

On the other hand, if the SEC schedulers had set things up where the anticipated heavyweights played each other early, it would paint a different picture. For example, if #1 played #4 and #3 played #7 out of the gate, the W/L ratios would take a hit and there could easily be some upsets. Then we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Instead, they’re all undefeated, while we approach our 3rd conference game.

To be fair, a few of these juggernauts have played decent OOC competition. But I don’t think the conference schedulers have much say over the OOC slate.
i agree with this.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I've been thinking ....

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

... and I just realized the Canes' mascot is basically Howard the Duck.

... this may come up again when we play them.

Angry Go Home GIF by Salman Khan Films