2024 non-GT games thread

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
WF and NC state in battles near the half should make us all aware we could be in a battle Friday as well. Talent gaps between G5 and P4 have shrunk more than people realize past 5 years. More athletes than ever that are good but just a bit slower or shorter that keep them from a P4. This is where depth is key though. Hopefully we are locked in for Sat as Key is pushing for.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
WF and NC state in battles near the half should make us all aware we could be in a battle Friday as well. Talent gaps between G5 and P4 have shrunk more than people realize past 5 years. More athletes than ever that are good but just a bit slower or shorter that keep them from a P4. This is where depth is key though. Hopefully we are locked in for Sat as Key is pushing for.
Or were gonna wreck nc state and would mercy rule wake if on the schedule

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
He already gave up a 3rd and 19 on that drive.
Yep that play was pretty enjoyable but this is terrible football otherwise. I remarked on Sunday at the team arrival how October-football that game looked. Really high quality and pretty polished stuff from both teams for the most part considering it was August 24th. I've watched a bit of Rutgers-Howard, NDSU-Colorado, and now UNC-Minnesota this evening and every team is a trainwreck.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
People are discussing Thursday night Week 1 action in the Georgia State game thread and last year's thread in the College & Pro Sports forum basically got no action, so I figured a general college football gameday observations thread here was in order. Mods move/remove if not a good fit.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Yep that play was pretty enjoyable but this is terrible football otherwise. I remarked on Sunday at the team arrival how October-football that game looked. Really high quality and pretty polished stuff from both teams for the most part considering it was August 24th. I've watched a bit of Rutgers-Howard, NDSU-Colorado, and now UNC-Minnesota this evening and every team is a trainwreck.

Yeah they have had this QB dead to rights in the backfield atleast 3 times and let him escape due to bad angles.

slugboy

Staff member
Minnesota’s OL is pushing UNC around. This might get ugly.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Moral dilemma. I have repeatedly said that we should always pull for ACC teams against other conferences. I still believe that. But part of me really wants to see UNC lose tonight because of …….

... their DC?

Sneaking Out Betty Cooper GIF by Lili Reinhart

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Moral dilemma. I have repeatedly said that we should always pull for ACC teams against other conferences. I still believe that. But part of me really wants to see UNC lose tonight because of …….
I came into this game rooting for UNC but your heart kind of takes over when you start watching and I'm finding myself pulling for the Gophers lol

Looks like Colorado is likely going to escape NDSU...I didn't watch the 2nd half but they looked exactly like the same team as last year in the first half. Shedeur has 438 yards passing and Travis Hunter has 3 TDs.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Minnesotas qb looks terrible
They've been running the ball okay, and I don't want to speak too soon, but I think their chance at winning this game went out the window when they failed to recover that 3rd down fumble in field goal position by the UNC QB. This Minnesota QB is having a Zach Gibson vs. UVA-type performance.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I have seen more missed tackles and strange stuff in this game that was just like ours. MEans it was definitely collins that preached attack the ball instead of the man.