2024 Football Portal

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
That’s fine. I feel that a hs guy should get that shot over a 5th year guy on 3 schools.
So ASU should do what's best for some anonymous HS guy who they don't think can help them as much as the 5th year guy on 3 schools? Apparently the ASU coaches think he adds more value to their program than a HS kid. Look I get it. You think that there's this pool of chances that Sims and others in his shoes should have used up by now. And what I'm saying is that if someone out there feels that a multi-transfer kid who has achieved college degrees from two schools, one of which is pretty highly thought of academically, and BTW he went back there to finish what he started (I know we all applaud him for that so please don't think I'm suggesting you don't appreciate that aspect, I believe you do), then why is the HS kid who the coaches apparently don't think brings as much value be more entitled to that spot? Maybe what the coaches are looking for is a bit more mature guy who has been through a lot, some of which is his own making, who can help add that experience and voice of someone who has persevered through crappy circumstances and his own troubles. The HS kid doesn't fit that description. I just think it helps to know the job description before saying who deserves it and who doesn't.

It's OK to agree to disagree. I respect that and appreciate your point of view even if I disagree.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
For fun I checked Our Lads - FSU depth chart for Offense = all 11 are senior or rs senior.
They don't list a complete second string. Its, early - but our D Better Buckle up Buttercup. For some reason I think we can stop the run and make thier qb try to beat us.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
For fun I checked Our Lads - FSU depth chart for Offense = all 11 are senior or rs senior.
They don't list a complete second string. Its, early - but our D Better Buckle up Buttercup. For some reason I think we can stop the run and make thier qb try to beat us.
When was the last GT Defense that actually stopped the run on a regular basis. I honestly can't remember back that far!

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I wonder how many are returning starters? Also, how many of those are transfers new to FSU.

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
I wonder how many are returning starters? Also, how many of those are transfers new to FSU.
The FSU media projects both starting guards are likely to be SEC transfers. The Center has been around for awhile and they are counting on their LT to be their anchor. There are problems at RT. It is the consensus opinion that FSU's OL had issues last year and under performed. They have experience, but it sounds like the OL is very much a work in progress. The FSU run game will be heavily counted on because there are definite issues with their WR Room and at TE. Their RB room is solid, but is not as explosive as the guy they had last year. My guess is we can get some stops , but we can't let DJ beat us deep. Several media personalities came out last week and just flat said this years team is not as good as last years.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Anyone know if we're done? Seems like I saw where CBK said we were not going to take a lot from the spring portal.

We still have more than a half dozen schlorships left by my count unless CBK wants to hold on for late developments or to promote some walk-ons like Stockton, Elko, or Adams for example. I do like what we have gotten from the portal so far but a couple more big guys on D would be nice.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Several media personalities came out last week and just flat said this years team is not as good as last years.
You wonder - well, I do - where that is coming from. The O is basically the same, was very effective in 2023, and is a year older. The D is a lot newer, but it also has Lockett back for his sophomore year. I don't know about the rest of you, but from what I saw last year he has immense potential. And Biggers down 20 pounds and Slyvain back and healthy (I hope) also gives good promise.

It is true that you don'r have to go too far down in the lineups on either side to find freshmen stepping up. Oth, the 2024 team is - at last - a largely senior/junior mix on both sides of the ball. Again, I don't see anything but the schedule (don't get me started) standing in the way of a decent year.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
You wonder - well, I do - where that is coming from. The O is basically the same, was very effective in 2023, and is a year older. The D is a lot newer, but it also has Lockett back for his sophomore year. I don't know about the rest of you, but from what I saw last year he has immense potential. And Biggers down 20 pounds and Slyvain back and healthy (I hope) also gives good promise.

It is true that you don'r have to go too far down in the lineups on either side to find freshmen stepping up. Oth, the 2024 team is - at last - a largely senior/junior mix on both sides of the ball. Again, I don't see anything but the schedule (don't get me started) standing in the way of a decent year.
I'm pretty sure the statement you responded to was in reference to FSU, not GT.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Do we rotate Biggers and Lockett or see them both start. I could see both in short yardage situations but Biggers has needed some rest in the past. He definitely has changed his body but it gets hot out there.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Do we rotate Biggers and Lockett or see them both start. I could see both in short yardage situations but Biggers has needed some rest in the past. He definitely has changed his body but it gets hot out there.
You rotate them if you can. From what I’ve heard, D-linemen are only good for a certain number of snaps per game, and you generally want to keep them as fresh as possible.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos

They have lost their QB, two very good WR's, and that RB. That's alot of last year's offense