2024 Football Portal

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
You know, if they don’t want to be here it’s better they go ahead and leave. I don’t get it but I suppose it’s a thing.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
A player does does not need to qualify for grad school to continue playing if he takes courses related to his major.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Well, that's what the program said. I remember because our coach brought it up in our weekly meeting after the game. Whether he actually was that big is a query, but he sure looked like it out there.
If that's what you remember from a program, I'm sure it was mostly correct. I just never realized he was that large. :)

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Looks to me like the more they move around the more they are moving themselves out of bigtime CFB. You need to land some where and make a showing IMO or I'm not interested in you if I'm a CFB coach.
Yeah, this is not good for them, IMO. The habit of chasing $$$ or not wanting to put in the time to become proficient is not a positive attitude. Knuckling down and climbing the ladder one rung at the time builds both expertise and resilience.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
Tumbling tumbleweeds speak to a lack of rootedness. Do players no longer have any need to set down roots or is the soil not conducive to them putting down roots?

I am not a big believer that human nature has suddenly changed. Therefore, I tend to think this epidemic of restlessness has a cultural/social basis. And I suspect that it is not sport/NCAA specific. This has a broad social basis.

Another important question is whether the upheaval represents a pathology or just a social evolution?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Tumbling tumbleweeds speak to a lack of rootedness. Do players no longer have any need to set down roots or is the soil not conducive to them putting down roots?

I am not a big believer that human nature has suddenly changed. Therefore, I tend to think this epidemic of restlessness has a cultural/social basis. And I suspect that it is not sport/NCAA specific. This has a broad social basis.

Another important question is whether the upheaval represents a pathology or just a social evolution?

Rootless, they're drawn hither and thither by the root of all evil.

Last edited:

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I think it’s human nature to be wanted. Or as Erma Bombeck put it: “The Grass is Always Greener Over the Septic Tank.”
Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Wow the last thing I ever expected to see on a Georgia Tech sports message board was an Erma Bombeck reference. That was exceptionally well done!!! Bravo. (though my favorite was "If Life is a Bowl of Cherries, What am I Doing in the Pits").

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Wow the last thing I ever expected to see on a Georgia Tech sports message board was an Erma Bombeck reference. That was exceptionally well done!!! Bravo. (though my favorite was "If Life is a Bowl of Cherries, What am I Doing in the Pits").
Lewis Grizzard, I presume??

slugboy

Staff member

gtee91

Georgia Tech Fan
Length and strong freshman performance.
Me like.
Seems like a solid pickup but so did 2 or 3 players committed from portal a few months ago and now they have vanished. Hard to guess who will actually be there at kickoff in the fall