2024 Football Portal

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The other 3 just aren't far enough into their careers yet
I teach HS economics. Both regular and AP. I tell them all the time that if you understand compounding interest, start saving and investing early and avoid dying too young it’s almost impossible not to end up a millionaire at some point. I also tell them the word doesn’t have the same cachet as it once did. Assuming normal rates of inflation a $20 pizza now will be about $85 or so when they are my age.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
So what happens if Tifase goes back to FSU? He now knows our entire playbook.
Good question. With all the transfers that could happen a good bit. I suspect the players now have their Playbooks on tablets and there is fairly tight control over the tablet. Still a clear possibility!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Good question. With all the transfers that could happen a good bit. I suspect the players now have their Playbooks on tablets and there is fairly tight control over the tablet. Still a clear possibility!
Since most schools run pretty much the same plays with different emphasis (Kansas State runs the QB a lot, Michigan runs their TB, ect.) I doubt knowing the plays in a standard playbook would help any opponent much. It sure won't tell them when or against who certain mixes of plays will be run; i.e. it won't reveal game plans. That's why schools employ so many "assistants" to plot how teams run plays. Usually this isn't too hard to figure out as the season progresses. Then it all depends on talent and execution.

And, again, this is one of the things I liked about the spread option. There were only about 20 or so plays. The difference was in how the opposing D was blocked and that was something the opposing DC provided Paul information about as the game progressed; i.e there was no game plan except what Paul called and how the play was blocked. Crafty that was.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Good players that have gone to other places coming home to GT to help us win championships. We're building something big here it feels like to me. Kid from Penn State has family living in GA. Who's next?:) " Will do whatever it takes for GT to win at the highest level" I believe is what our Pres said.