2023 predictions part 2: POST SPRING GAME

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
frankly if expecting to beat wake and louisville is too high expectations for brent key then he isn’t built for p5 football. i’m gonna buy my season tickets and donate a lot of money to the beer cart right outside my section whether we’re 2-10 or 11-2 but we gotta expect some level of performance from this team.

i also think we are a lot closer to being good than you are giving us credit for
I’m giving us the exact credit we have earned. I do expect a better level of performance, but I also respect our opponents who have already been to the level we are trying to build too. We have heard nothing but words for almost half a decade now without any results. Key has won nothing as a head coach and has proved very little. That’s not me dissing him that’s the simple truth. In a year from now I hope I can say the exact opposite but as of now GT football gets zero respect from anyone until they earn it. I think Key is telling the team exactly this.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I’m giving us the exact credit we have earned. I do expect a better level of performance, but I also respect our opponents who have already been to the level we are trying to build too. We have heard nothing but words for almost half a decade now without any results. Key has won nothing as a head coach and has proved very little. That’s not me dissing him that’s the simple truth. In a year from now I hope I can say the exact opposite but as of now GT football gets zero respect from anyone until they earn it. I think Key is telling the team exactly this.
I do too, which is why I have so much faith in him.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
The Louisville and WF games are very pivotal games for us this season
I don't care who they lost from last year although Hartman was a great player for Wake. A Clawson coached team is not going to be anyone's patsy. Winning both Louisville and Wake early in the year would do wonders for this team's confidence. Win both of those games and a pretty special season just might be in the offing.

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
He's proven a few things, though. He has proven that not only is he an upgrade from what we had but also that just by taking everything back to square one and re-installing basic fundamental football that we can compete with most of the ACC with the talent that was already there.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
He's proven a few things, though. He has proven that not only is he an upgrade from what we had but also that just by taking everything back to square one and re-installing basic fundamental football that we can compete with most of the ACC with the talent that was already there.
I liked this, even though I'm not sure you're right. I also see that we have talent on the squad, more on D then O perhaps.

The main problem qacross the board is experience. We have yet to become the old team we need to be. I hope we are moving in the direction of being like Wake in retaining and developing players; I'm sure we would like to imitate them on this. It remains to be seen if we can. I get tired of always hearing about how young and inexperienced we are. Even when it is true. Again,.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Imo, just not being TFP only goes so far.
"SOWEGA" 's is right they have to earn the benefit of the doubt. "Takengthepoints" is also right - the main problem across the board is lack of experience. That starts at the prez, AD, head coach, oc,. They are a new team. They all lack experience in their current assignments.
If the assistant coaches are as solid as the look , our young managment team could grow up quickly. .

Biggest question is can Key and coordinatoors make good plans and then adjust during games.

Then there are the players.
Our front 7 on defense has had major attrition in the last 2 years-to ole miss, arkansas, nfl. We are really un proven. If D solid like ladt year, i will have to eat a double helping of Thacker Pie w a scoop of Coleman ice cream. It should help that D backs seem solid w a couple of them likely being all acc level.

The oline is young as all will have at least another year after this season. Most will have 2 years.

GOT TO have some W.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I don't care who they lost from last year although Hartman was a great player for Wake. A Clawson coached team is not going to be anyone's patsy. Winning both Louisville and Wake early in the year would do wonders for this team's confidence. Win both of those games and a pretty special season just might be in the offing.
Lose both and to Ole Miss and a different kind of "special season might be in the offing".

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Imo, just not being TFP only goes so far.
"SOWEGA" 's is right they have to earn the benefit of the doubt. "Takengthepoints" is also right - the main problem across the board is lack of experience. That starts at the prez, AD, head coach, oc,. They are a new team. They all lack experience in their current assignments.
If the assistant coaches are as solid as the look , our young managment team could grow up quickly. .

Biggest question is can Key and coordinatoors make good plans and then adjust during games.

Then there are the players.
Our front 7 on defense has had major attrition in the last 2 years-to ole miss, arkansas, nfl. We are really un proven. If D solid like ladt year, i will have to eat a double helping of Thacker Pie w a scoop of Coleman ice cream. It should help that D backs seem solid w a couple of them likely being all acc level.

The oline is young as all will have at least another year after this season. Most will have 2 years.

GOT TO have some W.
I said it once and I will say it again...this team will go as far as the lines on both sides of the ball take it and no further.

JacketFan137

Banned
The D can do it only if the O peforms much better. I am optimistic.
i do think at times our defense underperformed cause the offense put them in a bad spot so often. if we are just moving the ball well to sustain drives and playing decent special teams so the other team isn’t starting on our side of the 50, our defense might be able to play as good if not better than last year