NORTH CAROLINA- W
VIRGINIA- W
CLEMSON- L
SYRACUSE- W
GEORGIA- W

10-2, nice

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
There’s just no reason we lose to Wake Forrest. It will be a completely different team with the amount of production they’re losing on both sides. Comfortable defensive win in my book with everyone healthy
In what world is any GT fan believing that we will just waltz in and have a comfortable win against a team that is already what we hope to become? 1- a coaching staff that has a system and has proven themselves, and 2- players that have been taught to work within the system and are mentally and physically tough.

Seriously, Wake is currently where we all hope Key is taking us. So to think Wake and that staff is just going to roll over because they lost some players is just ridiculous. I hope we can win and signs are positive for us as a program being built, but Clawson is a real coach who has built his team and will have them ready. If we win by a point I’ll take it. But I also wouldn’t be shocked if Clawson’s QB throws for 350 against us.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Watched recorded Spring Game
Gt , Clemson, Uga
If we get better everyday and they get better each month, we will only win on by a fluke.
We look so much more talented TEAM WISE than in past. We do have some built in issues - the slow strong wr have been replaced w smaller wr who are not blockers. Our tight end room is only somewhat athletic - only ward showed sticky fingers. At rb only Smith has strong move to get vertical and the rest like a slant that the bouch out sideways= now its 3rd and long. Our qbs are pretty good at passing but not sure they have a clock that senses a dl is coming = SAC fumbles are coming.
Our OL looked good in spots but didnt help each other on left side on ocassions.

With all that we dont play uga and clem every game. which are 2 likely L. To go 500 we have to go 6W and 4L . I think thats do able @ 6-6.
Going 7W-3L is wishful thinking @ 7-5
We have equal chance at 5-7 & 7-5.
8-4 and 4-8 are outside possibilites.
6-6 but uts a fun 6-6!

We go 6-6 because we are

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I say 7-5.
We really need to win the opening game vs Louisville. We both have new HC’s and staff but luckily Key was basically HC for almost all last season and they will be going live for the first time with Jeff Brohm. Play a clean game and we win.
As far as the rest of the schedule goes….
W vs SCST
L @ Ole Miss (Tough rd game and they have talent but just as many issues)
L @ Wake (Could easily be a win but their well coached and run a tricky O to deal with)
W vs BG
L @ Miami ( Same as Ole Miss. not as hostile environment but talented and Jane TVD at QB)
Much needed bye week. We really get it rolling after this.

W vs BC
W vs UNC ( We own them)
W @ UVA (They’re not good and Key better remember last years game. I don’t care about the Charlottesville “curse” they aren’t good!)
L @ Clemson (Unfortunately they’re too good and deep. We lose but keep it closer than they want)
W vs Syracuse (Sneaky talent, especially at RB but we win)
L vs UGA ( Same as Clemson. I think we can keep it around 10pts and really make them nervous about what we’re doing over here going forward)

7-5 overall 5-3 ACC
Pretty decent post Christmas bowl game which we win.
8-5 for the year.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Depends on the guys. I think Key nailed it, saying something like "We have a chance to have group we can be proud of...and we have a long way to go and a ton of work to do".

OL starters more seasoned, now need some depth. DL if most guys can have at least incremental improvement we'll be OK.

LB we need Tatum and transfers to be healthy and play well.

Secondary, WR, RB, QB look at least adequate. Janneh WR won a 50/50 ball that looked just like his film. Had another ball dropped that he probably usually gets He is my sleeper pick to have a great year.

Work hard, have a little luck w/ transfers, injuries, and young guys developing and I think we make a bowl.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Now that we've gotten a look at our squad... let's make some record predictions once again. Have yours changed or do they stay the same?
I still have us at 6-6.

LOUISVILLE- W
SC STATE- W
OLE MISS- L
WAKE FOREST- L
BOWLING GREEN- W
MIAMI- L
BOSTON COLLEGE- W
NORTH CAROLINA- L
VIRGINIA- W
CLEMSON- L
SYRACUSE- W
GEORGIA- L
I don't know anything about Louisville but six wins seems a reasonable goal. We might win 7 or drop to 4 if injuries pile up. Despite the presence of Ole Miss, UGA, and Clemson the schedule seems a tad easier than in recent years but that could just be my imagination.

superjacket21

Georgia Tech Fan
LOUISVILLE- W
SC STATE- W
OLE MISS- L
WAKE FOREST- W
BOWLING GREEN- W
MIAMI- L
BOSTON COLLEGE- W
NORTH CAROLINA- L
VIRGINIA- W
CLEMSON- L
SYRACUSE- W
GEORGIA- L

Ceiling (9-3)
Floor (4-8)
Realistic (7-5)

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Now that we've gotten a look at our squad... let's make some record predictions once again. Have yours changed or do they stay the same?
I still have us at 6-6.

LOUISVILLE- W
SC STATE- W
OLE MISS- L
WAKE FOREST- L
BOWLING GREEN- W
MIAMI- L
BOSTON COLLEGE- W
NORTH CAROLINA- L
VIRGINIA- W
CLEMSON- L
SYRACUSE- W
GEORGIA- L
Yeah, me too. But I can see several games - UNC, Da U, maybe Wake - that we could win with bounces our way. Unfortunately, I also see some we could lose - Louisville, UVA - if we don't have luck. But … I have it on my quote board:

Luck is the residue of design.
- Branch Rickey

Again, truer words were never writ and I think Key knows it.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
In what world is any GT fan believing that we will just waltz in and have a comfortable win against a team that is already what we hope to become? 1- a coaching staff that has a system and has proven themselves, and 2- players that have been taught to work within the system and are mentally and physically tough.

Seriously, Wake is currently where we all hope Key is taking us. So to think Wake and that staff is just going to roll over because they lost some players is just ridiculous. I hope we can win and signs are positive for us as a program being built, but Clawson is a real coach who has built his team and will have them ready. If we win by a point I’ll take it. But I also wouldn’t be shocked if Clawson’s QB throws for 350 against us.
Exactly what thought.--I could see a WF guy writing a the same comment about us-"No way we lose to them"..

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I just looked over our schedule on espn. Their game win percentage has us at 3-9… Wind over SCST BGSU and BC
GT better make a bowl game in 2023. I couldn’t stand another year and another 1,000 pages of mentions, comparisons, contrasts, and assorted ruminations about TFG!

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I just looked over our schedule on espn. Their game win percentage has us at 3-9… Wind over SCST BGSU and BC
As it should. We have fallen into joke territory lately. No one cares about us except us. If we want respect we gotta earn the respect and you don’t earn it anywhere or anyway other than on game day in a 3 hour time span. Press conferences mean nothing, practice reports mean nothing, spring scrimmages mean nothing, and predictions mean nothing. Until we earn it no one will care. We won’t know anything about this team until late in the evening on Sept. 1, 2023. Everything between now and then is just worthless from a talking stand point. Coach Key and this staff have control of their fates and I wish them much success.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
If we play the way we did in the second half of the season there is no reason aside from an array of injuries that we shouldn’t get at least six wins. Our schedule is very manageable this year.

Johnson_buzz

Georgia Tech Fan
I think the team is much more talented than years past. let's be honest about last years team.... The only reason we competed was because of our defense. Last years offense was pathetic to say the least. I think if our defense can be half as good as they were last year and if the offense can score more than 14 points a game we will be looking at 6-8 wins.

Offense
Looks like we have a good OC probably Keys best addition to the team by far.
Qb- We actually have a real qb battle on our hands with two guys in pyron and king that can run the offense. From what I have seen Pyron will be the guy game 1. The kid is a strait baller and a winner.
RB- We are absolutely loaded here. I think Smith is set for 1000 yard season and Dickens is a stud.
Wr- Looks like we replaced Nate with Leary and Malik. Those guys showed how explosive this offense can be. Reminds me of when BAMA had Devonta Smith and Jerry Judy just two burners that will beat single coverage also do not sleep on DJ Moore.
OL- I think this is our best O-line in a long time. They will be able to hold their own against ACC opponents. size wise were bigger and stronger than previous years, obviously pass blocking is still not great.
Defense
I was pleased with last years defense, hell they were on the field every 4 plays. I think this is a young promising defense.
DL- Losing keion hurts but we return a lot of guys with a lot of experience. (hopefully we do not put a edge on a Rb ever again)
LB- Im most worried about our LB core. Charlie Thomas and ACE we absolut animals going to be hard to replace. The scheme we run demands so much from our LB i don't know how well we will be able to fill that gap. Hopefully the Texas A&M is good and the younger guys step it up.
DB- strongest unit on the field LaMiles is All ACC CP3 is a stud and we return Jaylon King. Cornerbacks not so much maybe spider sims and KW2 can step up in big ways. but all and all our DB unit is one of the best in the ACC.

Schedule
Louisville-W Im 50/50 with this game, both talented ACC teams with a new coach but give us the edge because we will have a better offense.
SC state- W
Ole Miss- L Don't be surprised if we make this a game for the first 3Q. Key will not allow us to get embarrassed on national TV again at least not like that other guy.
Wake Forest-W People are acting like this team is just going to be amazing..... They are not. Hartman is gone and their star WR. I think this will be one of those games where our defense really shows out. take that to the bank.
BG- W
Miami-W 50/50 This is another one of those game that our fans look and go "L" y'all forget this game last year was close until the 4Q where they scored 21 unanswered but we had our 3rd string qb in with a lame offense.
Boston College-W We should win this game but do not be surprised if we will slip up at least one game during the year......
North Carolina- L Honestly who knows, like this game never makes sense. Just flip a quarter.......
Virginia-W We owe them after last year. We are a far better and more complete team this year, they are going to get the work.
Clemson- L We owe them one big time. I do not think this will be the same clemson team from previous years. THIS IS A WINNABLE GAME. They are on the comedown as a program. Go watch their spring game Their 5* qb is a dud. They made joe milton look like patrick Mahomes.
Syracuse-W Dub city, I do not know the first think about their team but its a W
Georgia- L Unfortunately I think georgia is beat us in a close game. I do not think their team will be as good as previous years but i still give them the edge and were playing them at home so that's usually not good for us But the way we played them last year gives me hope.

8-4 is not that crazy, could see us go 9-3 or 7-5 just as easily. I think we are for sure a bowl team. This year is pivotal for our football program with recruiting and NIL. As a fan base we really need to support and pack out bobby dodd stadium especially against That school down the road.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Wake Forest-W People are acting like this team is just going to be amazing..... They are not. Hartman is gone and their star WR. I think this will be one of those games where our defense really shows out. take that to the bank.
Clawson is an awesome innovative coach, and that remains constant. But few teams are getting hurt by the portal and graduations like Wake. And it isn’t just their stars on offenses. But even with last year’s talent, they looked slightly figured out and finished their last regular season games 1-4

Their new QB looks solid, but I think we can expect wake to return to near bottom ACC. Meanwhile, I’m seeing the best tech team that’s been put together in a long while. I’m a little worried about LB’s, but I think our QB, RB, WR and OL room all look the best they’ve been in years. Without even looking at the great staff we’ve pieced together, tech looks dominant in talent. (I also watched wake’s spring game✌)

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I think the team is much more talented than years past. let's be honest about last years team.... The only reason we competed was because of our defense. Last years offense was pathetic to say the least. I think if our defense can be half as good as they were last year and if the offense can score more than 14 points a game we will be looking at 6-8 wins.

Offense
Looks like we have a good OC probably Keys best addition to the team by far.
Qb- We actually have a real qb battle on our hands with two guys in pyron and king that can run the offense. From what I have seen Pyron will be the guy game 1. The kid is a strait baller and a winner.
RB- We are absolutely loaded here. I think Smith is set for 1000 yard season and Dickens is a stud.
Wr- Looks like we replaced Nate with Leary and Malik. Those guys showed how explosive this offense can be. Reminds me of when BAMA had Devonta Smith and Jerry Judy just two burners that will beat single coverage also do not sleep on DJ Moore.
OL- I think this is our best O-line in a long time. They will be able to hold their own against ACC opponents. size wise were bigger and stronger than previous years, obviously pass blocking is still not great.
Defense
I was pleased with last years defense, hell they were on the field every 4 plays. I think this is a young promising defense.
DL- Losing keion hurts but we return a lot of guys with a lot of experience. (hopefully we do not put a edge on a Rb ever again)
LB- Im most worried about our LB core. Charlie Thomas and ACE we absolut animals going to be hard to replace. The scheme we run demands so much from our LB i don't know how well we will be able to fill that gap. Hopefully the Texas A&M is good and the younger guys step it up.
DB- strongest unit on the field LaMiles is All ACC CP3 is a stud and we return Jaylon King. Cornerbacks not so much maybe spider sims and KW2 can step up in big ways. but all and all our DB unit is one of the best in the ACC.

Schedule
Louisville-W Im 50/50 with this game, both talented ACC teams with a new coach but give us the edge because we will have a better offense.
SC state- W
Ole Miss- L Don't be surprised if we make this a game for the first 3Q. Key will not allow us to get embarrassed on national TV again at least not like that other guy.
BG- W
Miami-W 50/50 This is another one of those game that our fans look and go "L" y'all forget this game last year was close until the 4Q where they scored 21 unanswered but we had our 3rd string qb in with a lame offense.
Boston College-W We should win this game but do not be surprised if we will slip up at least one game during the year......
North Carolina- L Honestly who knows, like this game never makes sense. Just flip a quarter.......
Virginia-W We owe them after last year. We are a far better and more complete team this year, they are going to get the work.
Clemson- L We owe them one big time. I do not think this will be the same clemson team from previous years. THIS IS A WINNABLE GAME. They are on the comedown as a program. Go watch their spring game Their 5* qb is a dud. They made joe milton look like patrick Mahomes.
Syracuse-W Dub city, I do not know the first think about their team but its a W
Georgia- L Unfortunately I think georgia is beat us in a close game. I do not think their team will be as good as previous years but i still give them the edge and were playing them at home so that's usually not good for us But the way we played them last year gives me hope.

8-4 is not that crazy, could see us go 9-3 or 7-5 just as easily. I think we are for sure a bowl team. This year is pivotal for our football program with recruiting and NIL. As a fan base we really need to support and pack out bobby dodd stadium especially against That school down the road.
You were on a roll until you compared Rutherford and Leary to Bama’s Devonte Smith and Jerry Judy. After that nothing in the post can be considered serious.